DELIVERY!

ColinEdinburgh

We took delivery of the Snow Monster this morning.

Initial thoughts:

The brakes were a real surprise - they grip fast and positively. I managed to stall the SM a mere 10 yards from where I picked it up on the forecourt. They seem to like gentleness rather than sharp pressure.

Engine - it is a diesel, isn't it? It certainly filled at the Diesel tank, but is is so quiet. And it is responsive. If that is how it is at 2,500 revs with 14 miles on the clock. it will be something.

Cornering - it feels like it is on rails, and there is no body roll at all. I had read folks on here say that but throwing it through some bends on the A702 and back roads near Silverburn made me even more impressed with her (yes, my SM is of the female gender, the other "love of my life").

Economy - hard to tell yet, we only drove 30 miles, but the average was just over 40mpg. We will know better after our little run from Edinburgh to the Peak District on Sunday.

Seats - far superior to my Octavia. More supportive under my legs, more lateral support and not so narrow. And I got a good driving position very quickly, which i did not expect.

Phone connector - it found my iPhone, and immediately told me its battery status and signal strength. But while I took two calls while the salesman walked me through the controls, nobody phoned me while I was driving (though moving from DSG to 6-spd manual took a bit of thinking so perhaps this was a blessing). It looks up my phone book and everything, hugely impressed.

And here are a couple of shots of my SM.

Yeti found in Scotland

New Toy

Edited by ColinEdinburgh

Well done and congrats Colin, bet you and the missis are chuffed to bits :giggle:

Good pics too, oh and get iOS4 for the iphone too :yes:

My iPhone 4 is due to be delivered between 9am and 5pm Thursday, cant wait :D

Excellent,thanks for your initail thoughts,would be interested in any further comments you may have in the SM in day to day use.

Thats the model I hoping to order this week, hopefully to complete before the VAT rise.

How long was the wait from order to delivery?

Excellent,thanks for your initail thoughts,would be interested in any further comments you may have in the SM in day to day use.

Thats the model I hoping to order this week, hopefully to complete before the VAT rise.

We ordered on April 14th, so that took ten weeks.

The dealer was saying he has had some orders placed in the last week or so where the build date has been Week 49, so delivery may be January (and thus attract 20% VAT!!!). Go order now.

Edited by ColinEdinburgh

im at a loss now as regards order date/delivery, we ordered a bog standard 1.2 s on april 1st..and told august if lucky...fed up of dealer not returning our calls, suk aint bothered...anyways glad your happy colin, peak district hey, my neck of the woods :thumbup:

It will aso depend on which model you order + the options.

ernieb

Looks smart. Hope you enjoy you new car :)

Discovered something else too, almost by accident.

My iPhone was updated to iOS4 yesterday, and the Media option on the radio offered me BT Audio when I was exploring it. I found out I can play iPod music and audiobooks over the stereo without needing the MDI cable, and that phone calls kick in perfectly.

Discovered something else too, almost by accident.

My iPhone was updated to iOS4 yesterday, and the Media option on the radio offered me BT Audio when I was exploring it. I found out I can play iPod music and audiobooks over the stereo without needing the MDI cable, and that phone calls kick in perfectly.

Thats AWESOME Colin as my iPhone 4 is coming somethime Thursday :rofl:

Dear me, that is so lazy!

8:02am Thursday sees me at our local O2 store to buy mine!

Not lazy colin, I just didn't want to be lumbered with another 18month contract and I HATE 24month contracts. I'm now on a 12month contract, so am able to upgrade to iPhone 5 this time next year. :rofl:

Phone connector - it found my iPhone, and immediately told me its battery status and signal strength. But while I took two calls while the salesman walked me through the controls, nobody phoned me while I was driving (though moving from DSG to 6-spd manual took a bit of thinking so perhaps this was a blessing). It looks up my phone book and everything, hugely impressed.

Phone connector? What phone connector? I've ordered a Scout, not yet built, which comes with the Bolero ICE head unit. I think I now understand that my iPod Touch (which has Bluetooth) and my BlackBerry phone (which also has Bluetooth) will be usable for Bluetooth streaming of music (pleased I didn't bother specifying the MDI cable option), but I still don't quite understand this phone connector thing. There was no option on the spec sheet for my part of the world for anything resembling a phone connector. My dealer wants to sell me some other device that will interface between my phone and the Bolero, for about 500 Quid. I'm guessing the phone connector is an option for UK cars?

Phone connector? What phone connector? I've ordered a Scout, not yet built, which comes with the Bolero ICE head unit. I think I now understand that my iPod Touch (which has Bluetooth) and my BlackBerry phone (which also has Bluetooth) will be usable for Bluetooth streaming of music (pleased I didn't bother specifying the MDI cable option), but I still don't quite understand this phone connector thing. There was no option on the spec sheet for my part of the world for anything resembling a phone connector. My dealer wants to sell me some other device that will interface between my phone and the Bolero, for about 500 Quid. I'm guessing the phone connector is an option for UK cars?

I would imagine Colin meant "Phone connecting". The connector you are referring to is in fact the MDI. It is a 30pin connector for your iPhone to stream music to the Bolero and charge the phone at the same time. You can't get this in the UK for the Yeti, though you can order it for every single other Skoda out there. emoticon-0145-shake.gif As to streaming music over Bluetooth: I don't think that is possible at all as far as I am aware.

I would imagine Colin meant "Phone connecting". The connector you are referring to is in fact the MDI. It is a 30pin connector for your iPhone to stream music to the Bolero and charge the phone at the same time. You can't get this in the UK for the Yeti, though you can order it for every single other Skoda out there. emoticon-0145-shake.gif As to streaming music over Bluetooth: I don't think that is possible at all as far as I am aware.

Colin did indeed mean phone connecting - the iPhone is picked up automatically, rapidly and perfectly via bluetooth. There is NO NEED for any cable, as the phone operates perfectly on the Yeti bluetooth. It takes and makes calls, shows the recent calls list (made / taken /missed), can access the iPhone phone book and can dial out using an onscreen pad. And on my Elegance, the steering wheel volume control lets me control the phone volume as well as music volume.

And it CAN play music and audiobooks over the bluetooth link (either that or I am having wonderful hallucinations).

So the iPhone runs in iPod mode to play music (Celine Dion sounds great cranked to the max) and also pop into phone mode when a call comes in. It fades the soundtrack and pauses the playback while the call comes in, then rings! On call completion, the soundtrack is unpaused and fades back in perfectly. I lose maybe a second or two of clarity in an audiobook, but if it is critical, the "rewind" button on the phone fixes that.

Yeti and iPhone - made for each other. What an unexpected bonus.

And it CAN play music and audiobooks over the bluetooth link (either that or I am having wonderful hallucinations).

Wow! emoticon-0140-rofl.gifemoticon-0140-rofl.gif I stand corrected.

Now this is the best detailed desciption yet! So the MDI won't be such a big issue for me then. Only the power to the iPhone will have to come from the 12V socket then, but I have this charger already so not a big issue.

Now lets just hope all this works with iOS 4 as well. I trust you have upgraded your iPhone already Colin? My 3GS is happily running iOS 4 and I'm loving it!

Now this is the best detailed desciption yet! So the MDI won't be such a big issue for me then. Only the power to the iPhone will have to come from the 12V socket then, but I have this charger already so not a big issue.

Now lets just hope all this works with iOS 4 as well. I trust you have upgraded your iPhone already Colin? My 3GS is happily running iOS 4 and I'm loving it!

As all of these features work on my £30 'pay as you talk' Samsung, I don't see why it won't work with something that costs considerable more. :D

My iPhone 4 comes tomorrow and i'm counting the seconds.........Kitten and I will still buy the MDI cable as she has an iPod shuffle & the Nano.

My iPhone 4 comes tomorrow and i'm counting the seconds.........Kitten and I will still buy the MDI cable as she has an iPod shuffle & the Nano.

or just buy a SDHC card and transfer the MP3's?

ernieb

The dealer was saying he has had some orders placed in the last week or so where the build date has been Week 49, so delivery may be January (and thus attract 20% VAT!!!). Go order now.

WTF! we are in week 25 now, so they are saying they want 25 weeks just for the build date - they obviously need to start making the cars rather than just selling them if that is the case.

WTF! we are in week 25 now, so they are saying they want 25 weeks just for the build date - they obviously need to start making the cars rather than just selling them if that is the case.

Speaking to a local dealer at the end of May, suggested you were looking at at least October for delivery on a Yeti due to demand. So no surprise if delivery for an order placed now would be pushing towards the year end.

Roomster production will not move out until January so there's little else they can do until then to increase Yeti and Superb II production.

TP

Still waiting....latest news is probably end July.

Can't wait to boot it down the A702 to Silverburn too!

Sounds like we support the same team there!

The road from the A702 to Penicuik through Silverburn woods is a good one to test body roll on.