Samsung Galaxy S rSAP?

I am checking if this works tomorrow but the phone does seem to rSAP on it. I will confirm when the carphone warehouse bring their demo model out to the car to pair up.

Seems like a very viable alternative to iPhone and it also work with the car!

I will post more tomorrow.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am checking if this works tomorrow but the phone does seem to rSAP on it. I will confirm when the carphone warehouse bring their demo model out to the car to pair up.

Seems like a very viable alternative to iPhone and it also work with the car!

I will post more tomorrow.

Thanks

Bump....

I have vw golf with premium bluetooth that requires rSAP support, and Samsung Galaxy S works just perfectly with it.

So far I'm very happy with the phone, big upgrade from iPhone.

Some mixed messages out there, but generally positive, e.g.

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4402#c398

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4402#c409

http://struck.lu/?p=38

Limited to accessing contacts from the SIM card only, but generally appears to work...

Anyone out there categorically able to confirm that Samsung's SAP profile is a fully- or even mostly-functional rSAP implementation? I feel that Samsung will be selling a lot of smartphones very quickly if it is!

Just to let everyone know.

The Nokia N8 appears to have SAP in it bluetooth profiles. It will hopefully be realeased by the end of august and is similar money to the samsung. I haven't tried the samsung in my car as the Demo model at the store was not fantastic. Very Slow and felt very light. I am going to wait for the N8 and see what that is like before commiting £450!!

I realise the samsung in the store I tried may no represent all of them but I wasn't sure on the quality of it IMHO.

Thanks

Kev

Edited by mcnallykev

Nokia developed RSAP, so I would be very suprised if there was a new Nokia that did not support it. My antique office phone (Nokia 6021) also supports it and it works perfectly despite being 5 years old.

Nokia developed RSAP, so I would be very suprised if there was a new Nokia that did not support it. My antique office phone (Nokia 6021) also supports it and it works perfectly despite being 5 years old.

Believe it or not the N900 doesn't have it. Otherwise I would have opted for one of those.

I just get my Galaxy .. It works perfect with my superb.

Go to get it !!

Any issues with phonebook sync, Fiogr? I've seen reports of either only syncing with the SIM card entries or only syncing with the phone contacts versus some-other-contacts (presumably, an address book that syncs with Exchange/Notes/whatever but appears to be separate from the phone's contact list). So I'm left wondering what it actually syncs with and how...

Thanks,

I have vw golf with premium bluetooth that requires rSAP support, and Samsung Galaxy S works just perfectly with it.

So far I'm very happy with the phone, big upgrade from iPhone.

I just get my Galaxy .. It works perfect with my superb.

Go to get it !!

I own a new Skoda Octavia with built in bluetooth combined with the Swing radio. (Probably this is similar to the premium bluetooth

mentioned above and the carkit in the Superb can't be too different either) On some other forum I read that the Galaxy

is the first and until now the only Android Phone with rSAP. But before I buy the phone I want to know if it works and if there are

any 'bugs'. With my current phone (Nokia N95) I have no problem calling and receiving calls. And a very nice feature: I can recieve

sms on my car display. I very much would like if this is still possible with the Galaxy.

Can anyone confirm that? Thanks...

Edited by john37

I own a new Skoda Octavia with built in bluetooth combined with the Swing radio. (Probably this is similar to the premium bluetooth

mentioned above and the carkit in the Superb can't be too different either) On some other forum I read that the Galaxy

is the first and until now the only Android Phone with rSAP. But before I buy the phone I want to know if it works and if there are

any 'bugs'. With my current phone (Nokia N95) I have no problem calling and receiving calls. And a very nice feature: I can recieve

sms on my car display. I very much would like if this is still possible with the Galaxy.

Things I have tested and are working with my car and Galaxy S over bluetooth:

• calling
  • receiving calls
  • sending SMS
  • receiving SMS
  • streaming music (music player app & spotify app)

Phonebook synch seemeded to synch all phone contacts, but not any SIM card entries for me.

I can honestly say, that after reading this thread, and being corrected on the Android platform, i got excited (yes, i'm Sad i know!) and went out and got me a Galaxy S....

and my thoughts are... Don't bother with a Galaxy S, yes it connects and works with rSAP but as a Phone, it's useless! - It's sooooo Slooooow!

Ordered wednesday, arrived thursday, went back Friday, completely AWFUL!

Maybe it'll be better with FroYo when it comes to Samsung platform.

Al.

The Phone works perfect with rsap..Like all my previews Nokia.!! I am apple Fan (Iphone Ipad) .. But not any more .. The andoid is copy past to Iphone .. I fount all the same programms & games !

And of cource is wotking with my superb..! For the contacts I have only in my sim and is ok..! The range for the bluetooth is huge.!! The samsung have 3.0 V and I go 30metres from my car .

and the connection is not broke !

Go ASAP to get it ..!!

• 5 months later...

I can honestly say, that after reading this thread, and being corrected on the Android platform, i got excited (yes, i'm Sad i know!) and went out and got me a Galaxy S....

and my thoughts are... Don't bother with a Galaxy S, yes it connects and works with rSAP but as a Phone, it's useless! - It's sooooo Slooooow!

Ordered wednesday, arrived thursday, went back Friday, completely AWFUL!

Maybe it'll be better with FroYo when it comes to Samsung platform.

Al.

Sorry to hear you have not had a good experience ukcruiser.

I have the Galaxy S and it works well with the Columbus system.

Full compatibility and connects nice and quickly. Certainly faster than the Samsung Tocco Ultra I was using previously.

Could it be you had some applications working int he background perhaps that was slowing things down?

Anyway, as you have sent it back it don't make any difference I guess.

Hope you have more success with your replacement.

Have a good Xmas. :party:

Edited by Somewhat Confused

Sorry to hear you have not had a good experience ukcruiser.

I have the Galaxy S and it works well with the Columbus system.

Full compatibility and connects nice and quickly. Certainly faster than the Samsung Tocco Ultra I was using previously.

Could it be you had some applications working int he background perhaps that was slowing things down?

Anyway, as you have sent it back it don't make any difference I guess.

Hope you have more success with your replacement.

Have a good Xmas. :party:

Tested my sisters galaxy s and it seemed to work perfectly with the Columbus, good phone but it's no iPhone

• 5 months later...