New Roomster

JDW

When the vehicle is driven through a wooded area the speedo and rev numbers disappear but the pointers are illuminated, the numbers on these dials seem to be designed for day driving lights (a facility which has been removed for the UK), this is quite dangerous as the ambient daylight level was still high.

Question. Do the early models have this problem?

The other point is that the maxi dot computer shows actual speed as Kmph. Some bright spark has removed the facility to select MPH or Kmph from the menu. If this could be set to MPH then the problem on suddenly losing visual of the speedo would go as your eye line is directed to the brighter display. But its cemented in Kmph, the manual shows a selection.

Other points... I cannot find anyway to adjust the dash back lights, is there a way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated.

JD

The adjustment for the dash illumination on my MY08 Roomster Scout is located near the headlight on/off switch.

i had similar for a while, if i wiped my dash and applied pressure on a particular point the lcd display went completely blank until i turned the ignition off then on again

never did get to the bottom of it, but it disappeared when my poor roomster went in for a bit of remedial work after have a disagreement with an astra at a roundabout

i put it down to a poorly fitted connector somewhere in the dash assembly

peter

The adjustment for the dash illumination on my MY08 Roomster Scout is located near the headlight on/off switch.

Thank you.

Just got the headlight adjuster.

Regards

JD

i had similar for a while, if i wiped my dash and applied pressure on a particular point the lcd display went completely blank until i turned the ignition off then on again

never did get to the bottom of it, but it disappeared when my poor roomster went in for a bit of remedial work after have a disagreement with an astra at a roundabout

i put it down to a poorly fitted connector somewhere in the dash assembly

peter

Thanks Peter.

All is working well on this machine no hitches with assembly. I believe that some unqualified accountant decided to do a cost cutting job on the UK Skoda's. Daylight driving lights are the key to this (switch removal on UK model) and the removal of certain parts of the menu of the onboard. If the twits at Skoda UK have not kept the LHD selection for the vehicle it becomes non useable in RHD countries as the cornering lights will blind on coming. Other vehicles makes sense when there is a sudden change in ambient light, in the old days the analogue dash was designed to cope. Instrumentation not responding to a sudden change in ambient light in the cockpit is dangerous. But if its finger trouble I will be glad to retract.

JD