Engine light on ...

... Following my thread a few days ago,car was plugged to the VAS and no faults came up,managed to erase the fault,switching the engine light off,only came back on after a few kms.Car re inspected again and mechanic told me that the diaphragm in the EGR valve is punctured,leaking air...Anyone ever encountered any similar problems ?.Could it be the case that since it was full of exhaust soot,the valve in the EGR was stuck up to an extent that it tore the diaphragm or am I one of the unfortunates out there ?...At least the EGR is not so bloody expensive to replace.

I hope not to break the rules of this forum, but I want to ask the opinions of the community.

I recently bought a Skoda Fabia Combi 1.2 12V in 2003 and went out with her 1800 km without any problems.

After that came on board with the yellow bulb that one geared motor (engine).

I went to someone who has test equipment and following error occurred:

1. catalyst I

2. EGR

3. a spark working or not

4. and one more error

Reset the four errors and tester visible only the first two (see that are reset) and disappeared the error from board .

After exactly 300 km throughout the city (3000-35000 rpm) error reappeared.

I test again and the two errors have reappeared (1th and 2nd).

Have been reset and the two service errors. it was bad gassoline? .

But more than other 300 km and the problem reappeared.

What to believe?.

Does anyone know what is the solution?

Edited by crior

Some 1.2 engines had an issue with the valve seats and ignition coils,the latter have been modified by skoda throughout the years but the valve seat problems only affected a batch of engines manufactured after 2007....Is the car still working properly ?,any loss of power or misfires ?.

I hope not to break the rules of this forum, but I want to ask the opinions of the community.

I recently bought a Skoda Fabia Combi 1.2 12V in 2003 and went out with her 1800 km without any problems.

After that came on board with the yellow bulb that one geared motor (engine).

I went to someone who has test equipment and following error occurred:

1. catalyst I

2. EGR

3. a spark working or not

4. and one more error

Reset the four errors and tester visible only the first two (see that are reset) and disappeared the error from board .

After exactly 300 km throughout the city (3000-35000 rpm) error reappeared.

I test again and the two errors have reappeared (1th and 2nd).

Have been reset and the two service errors. it was bad gassoline? .

But more than other 300 km and the problem reappeared.

What to believe?.

Does anyone know what is the solution?

Some 1.2 engines had an issue with the valve seats and ignition coils,the latter have been modified by skoda throughout the years but the valve seat problems only affected a batch of engines manufactured after 2007....Is the car still working properly ?,any loss of power or misfires ?.

The car work proprely.I noticed no difference in engine performance, may be a little lazy

• 4 months later...

Motor code (6Y) SEAZQX01.

17811 EGR System Regulation Deviation

P1403-35-10 Intermittent

16804 Catalyst System Bank 1 Efficiency below Threshold

P0420-35-10 Intermittent

Edited by crior