Maxidot standard on vRS CR DSG

Just had an email from Skoda UK stating that Maxidot does in fact come as standard with the DSG on the Octavia vRS CR that I have ordered.

Dealer will owe me a refund. :giggle:

Not to rain on your parade, but I had an email from Skoda UK saying the exact opposite, which is what my dealer had told me - that Maxidot is an additional option to be paid for. The car I've ordered is the same as yours - Octavia CR Tdi DSG. One part of Skoda UK must be wrong. Just how do we go about finding out the truth? Can anyone shed any informed light on this?

Drive you mad, doesn't it?!

Yep, that's what I thought too, and one dealer told me it was included. Another told me it wasn't and Skoda told me that as well. I even wrote to them twice over a period of about two months and got the same reply. ChrisRS, are you basing what you say on personal experience - i.e. did you order a VRS CR and get Maxidot for free? It'd be nice to have 130 quid back!

Edited by ZEYEROVA

Looking at the April 2010 brochure you get the Maxidot when you spec the Bluetooth and telephone function on the MFSW (DSG only). If you don't spec this option then I assume you have to buy the Maxidot at £130.

Sounds like you brought from Bristo's lol, they really ****ed me off with their complete lack of knowledge so I went elsewhere.

Get your money back now or use it to add some more goodies.

Yes it was Bristos, had done a lot of research on specs before going there so was only interested in their price.

Can't blame the dealer when even Skoda UK appear not to know about Maxidot/DSG.

The cost of Maxidot will be knocked off the final invoice when the car finally arrives mid Sept..

Does anyone have any experience of Bristos servicing, I last used them back in the early 80's when I ran Toyotas.

Yep, that's what I thought too, and one dealer told me it was included. Another told me it wasn't and Skoda told me that as well. I even wrote to them twice over a period of about two months and got the same reply. ChrisRS, are you basing what you say on personal experience - i.e. did you order a VRS CR and get Maxidot for free? It'd be nice to have 130 quid back!

YES..I ordered thinking it wasnt included....THe brochure made no mention of it being standard with a DSG car

Was told a few weeks from delivery by Skoda CS, after I emailed them asking the same question, that it was due to the display having to display the gears. So it IS included along with the MF steering wheel as standard also on the DSG car

Yes it was Bristos, had done a lot of research on specs before going there so was only interested in their price.

Can't blame the dealer when even Skoda UK appear not to know about Maxidot/DSG.

The cost of Maxidot will be knocked off the final invoice when the car finally arrives mid Sept..

Does anyone have any experience of Bristos servicing, I last used them back in the early 80's when I ran Toyotas.

Their Service centre is down Boss Hall Industrial Estate; Hadleigh Road. Personally I don’t use them as I like to take mine back to the place of purchase. We have a Superb at work serviced there with no problems to my knowledge.

Edited by Hyperviper34

Their Service centre is down Boss Hall Industrial Estate; Hadleigh Road. Personally I don’t use them as I like to take mine back to the place of purchase. We have a Superb at work serviced there with no problems to my knowledge.

Bristos service is rubish, i took my car there as its my closest dealer, but they are also a Renault dealer and it shows, i will never ever go back again, i now use underwoods in Colchester much better dealer

YES..I ordered thinking it wasnt included....THe brochure made no mention of it being standard with a DSG car

Was told a few weeks from delivery by Skoda CS, after I emailed them asking the same question, that it was due to the display having to display the gears. So it IS included along with the MF steering wheel as standard also on the DSG car

Which is an insane reason as the standard non-maxidot display on the Facelift cars can show the gear you're in...

Do you have to wonder what Skoda UK are actually doing at times

Well I hope it is standard as I order my vRS tomorrow and I'm not going to spec it

As far as we'r aware, it's only standard on the DSG vRS so if you're ordering a manual car and want maxidot, select it as an extra...

I'll just add in case anyone reads this later, that the information about NEEDING maxidot on a DSG is totally false. I don't know if the VRS is somehow different, but I think the DSG box is the same, and therefore it works with or without maxidot...... at least it does on my DSG but not maxidot equipped octavia anyway.

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm that I have had my FL VRS petrol with DSG for a month (ordered February) and did not spec Maxidot as an extra. I can confirm that it comes with Maxidot as standard if you order the VRS with DSG. I would definately ask the dealer for a refund if you have paid extra for it.

I can confirm that it comes with Maxidot as standard if you order the VRS with DSG. I would definately ask the dealer for a refund if you have paid extra for it.

Ordered mine in Feb and I was charged £130 for maxi-dot! I'll be onto the buggers next week looking for a refund.

Thanks for the info.

Ordered mine in Feb and I was charged £130 for maxi-dot! I'll be onto the buggers next week looking for a refund.

Thanks for the info.

Deinfinately go back and get a refund. My dealer did try to make me pay for Maxidot but I did my homework and found it to be included when DSG is ordered. Told my dealer who then said 'oh yes it is included, my mistake!' Can't understand why Skoda is giving wrong info as well though?

Can't understand why Skoda is giving wrong info as well though?

You'll get used to that whilst you are a Skoda driver!

You haven't got any emails/correspondance from Skoda confirming it's standard spec by any chance have you? I just know my dealer will deny they have made any sort of mistake!

Here is the eMail I received from Skoda UK:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your information request.

I can confirm that MAXI-DOT comes as standard with the DSG option on the Octavia vRS.

Once again, thank you for your request.

Dan Latta

Skoda Customer Services

08457 745745

www.skoda.co.uk

Time to end the thread me thinks!! :wonder:

Well I'm going to risk it and not order it and hope it comes with it, just out of interest has anyone ordered a vRS DSG without the Maxidot (either with or without Bluetooth speced) option and had it come installed?

Edited by Moley RUFC