Electric windows that go down when they're meant to go up!

Hi there, have now had our facelift Fabia for a few weeks. Had a problem a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to close the drivers window - as the window was almost closed the 'force limiter' safety feature kicked in and the window immediately reopened (fully). Attempting to close the window again resulted in the same scenario. I found the only way I could shut the window was to 'inch' it up bit by bit flicking the switch.

I thought this was just a one off but the problem occurred again yesterday - this time in the pouring rain!

There doesn't appear to be any reason why this is happening - the channels the glass runs in seems to be free of any obstacle.

Anyone got any idea why this might be happening :S

Hi there, have now had our facelift Fabia for a few weeks. Had a problem a couple of weeks ago when I was trying to close the drivers window - as the window was almost closed the 'force limiter' safety feature kicked in and the window immediately reopened (fully). Attempting to close the window again resulted in the same scenario. I found the only way I could shut the window was to 'inch' it up bit by bit flicking the switch.

I thought this was just a one off but the problem occurred again yesterday - this time in the pouring rain!

There doesn't appear to be any reason why this is happening - the channels the glass runs in seems to be free of any obstacle.

Anyone got any idea why this might be happening :S

I had a similar problem but I knew the cause, the dealer had broken one of the wind deflectors on fitting so when you opened the window it slipped into the window channel. You might need to do a reset, it is in the owners manual how to, although it is not absolutely clear. It involves opening the window and keeping hold of the button for 5 seconds or something and then closing it and doing the same to reset the limits. I don't recall exactly and I can't check my book right now but it worked for me.

I have a similar problem. When I close the window, it opens, only happens once every couple of months or so. Went back to dealer to sort out under warranty, problem happened again a few weeks after. Will go back to dealer for 3rd time. I don't think I'll be buying another fabia again unless the price is right