Can you still get hydraulic bonnet lifters for Mk1?

If you can get hold of the ball studs for the lifters, then you can get the Fabia tailgate strut to fit & you only need one :thumbup:

As the bonnet hinge Is at a wrong angle I drilled & tapped a hole central of the two torque screws on the bonnet hinge at a more horizontal angle for the ball stud ;)

aha nice :)

bet there are plenty of mondeos in breakers yards waiting to have their struts removed...

Not sure there will be many Fabias in at the scrappies tho..

@robclubly - is that the fabia one from Milotec in the photo?

aha nice :)

bet there are plenty of mondeos in breakers yards waiting to have their struts removed...

Not sure there will be many Fabias in at the scrappies tho..

@robclubly - is that the fabia one from Milotec in the photo?

That one's a mk3 Golf one from an Ebay seller - the pair cost 6.99 but one failed after a couple of months.

I had a pair of foliatec ebay ones on mine a couple of years ago but it involved drilling holes in the bonnet hinges to get the top ball joint on the lifters to sit at the right angle so when I got a new bonnet I took them off. The screws and washers that fitted to the bodywork at the other end of the lifters all rusted as well :(