12v Socket in the boot

Hi

my 12v socket in the boot does not work but i cant work out where the fuse is for it as it does not say in the handbook

Can anyone tell me where i might find the fuse or what might be the problem. also there are some wires that have been attached to it but not sure what they are for as they run to a white box in the rear right hand side of the car. Any ideas anyone

Thanks

Gren

Hi

my 12v socket in the boot does not work but i cant work out where the fuse is for it as it does not say in the handbook

Can anyone tell me where i might find the fuse or what might be the problem. also there are some wires that have been attached to it but not sure what they are for as they run to a white box in the rear right hand side of the car. Any ideas anyone

Thanks

Gren

Hi

The fuse is located behind the dash, below the steering wheel. It is on mine anyway (LHD)

Hi

I have tried looking for the right fuse in the dash on the left hand side but cannot work out which one it is

Do you have the number of the fuse or the name of it. I have tried removing all of them and replacing but this has not worked so im not sure if its missing as there are many spaces

Thanks

Gren

Hi

I have tried looking for the right fuse in the dash on the left hand side but cannot work out which one it is

Do you have the number of the fuse or the name of it. I have tried removing all of them and replacing but this has not worked so im not sure if its missing as there are many spaces

Thanks

Gren

I don't think this fuse is in the fuse panel revealed when the door opens. It's buried away under the steering wheel and is not that easy to get to. I got the Skoda mechanic to replace it when the car was in for a service.

Edited by mikes

It's buried in a secondary fuse panel, secured to the bulkhead underneath the steering wheel.

Remove the side fuse panel and the phillips headed screws that secure the panel underneath the steering wheel (just above your knees). Then remove the 2 or 3 (can't remember) torx screw holding the panel to the dash and pull the panel forward and down. Be careful to not streth the cable securing the light swich.

The fuse / relay panel is now in front of you and the fuse is secured by a 'tang'. Lift this, pull and change the fuse.

IIRC the fuse also supplies the rear seat passenger lighter too.

A little while ago when my superb was functioning ....i actually replaced the fuse behind the dash as the rear cigar lighter wasnt working.....not easy, and i found that it was almost out of reach and needed pliers to remove it....but having said that.i did get the cigar lighter to work.....and the 12vlt boot socket was working anyway, so i imagine the fuse for that is somewhere else...just a thought

Hi

Thanks for the information here - the rear lighter socket went dead on my Superb a few weeks ago and I was trying to work out if there was a fuse or it was a wiring fault.

Once you have removed the lower dash panel under the steering wheel, there are two 20A (yellow) fuses on the relay board. The one at the top of the board is for the rear lighter socket and was blown.

The one at the bottom of the relay board is probably for the12V socket in the boot.

As mentioned by others you need pliers or tweezers to get it in or out.

• 2 weeks later...

Only just had this problem myself. Personally I think it is the bare tabs on the back of the lighter socket connecting with the body of the car. There is an insulating pad on the body but I had moved the trim to make the second fog lamp work and hence guess it shorted against the body behind. I've now tappered over the metal tabs and it shouldn't re-occure. As for the fuse and getting to it.

Remove right hand side cover (where most of the fuses are). Removed the two lower screws.

Then remove two screws under the lower section of the facia.

gently pull the facia and it comes off. Don't be brutal. Theres no need to undo any wires.

4948786963_63422bceaf.jpg

You can now see a relay carrier. Depending on the year of the car and model depends on the relays and fuses on here.

Be careful lots of live terminals down here.

The fuse for the boot compartment socket was at the bottom right hand corner of mine (behind that wiring loom and lower right of the blue relay - A yellow 20A fuse.

4948790941_6647d4f991.jpg

If i recall when i replaced the fuse on the comfort superb, i seem to recall the fuse holder was basically on top the bulk of relays, and tucked up to the right hand side. There were two fuses, and after struggling to lever them out, one of them was indeed faulty. For me being on rather the large side and not being so flexible as i was in my youth lol, it was a bit of a bugger to remove, and if only my arms been another 6inches longer the job would have been easier...and as you despict in your pics.....you deffinitely need a torch , as my trim is black, and looking inside was a bit of a nitemare to say the least. But the fact someone who left a thread on where the fuse actually was, saved a lot of grief trying to find it in the 1st place :thumbup: