1. 1. Do you think this is helpful?

• Extreamly Helpful, Thanks.
    • Slighly Helpful.
    • Still Confused. (Please post why)
    • It Was Rubbish. Take it away.

Awesome post :thumbup:

Really informative and should defo be made a sticky

cheers

Thanks mate, wasn't sure if it was needed or not though. I've had a loa of people PM me about fitting wheels so thought if i could put the info in one place it will be easier. I dont mind people PM'in me by the way haha

How do i decide what colour to refurb them in??

And what tyres should i put on them?? :giggle:

Seriously though top work pip - couldn't really ask for more but i have a feeling it wont stop the "will these fit" threads :dull:

One suggestion might be a "these will bolt straight on" list ie Octavia mk1, Fabia Mk2, Leon Mk1, VW Golf Mk4 etc etc

Edited by PastyBoy

• 1 month later...

Another issue is wheel bolt types. VW use radius seat bolts and aftermarket wheels often use taper seated wheel bolts. Bear in mind that an aftermarket alloy wheel could be thicker or thinner for the section where the wheel bolt shaft goes through. Meaning a different shaft length of wheel bolt required.

I have a set of seat leon alloys (mk 1) they ave an offset of 42 and are 7jx16h2

Will i need to get a set of 10-15mm spacers for these?

I know they will sit in a bit but as they are 7j rather than standard 6.5 im thinking they may not need spacers?

Im currently on my iphone so not easy to do it for you, but if you put the standard wheel speck into the 'offset cslculator' link in my first post and your new wheels it will calcilate how much the wheels will move over standard. If you get stuck drop me a pm.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

hi guys, got a problem with fitting wheels, recently got some 16' 5 spokes from an audi, there 205/55/r16 tyres now all of them fit fine except the rear left side which rubs against like a triangular shaped part of the shell on the rear of the arch, any ideas guys?

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Will 17 inch fit on my fabia that has 14 inch?

Yes with 205/40 17 tyres they will have the same rolling radius as your 14" wheels + tyres

Thankyou, I will be looking for some alloys then

Just checked + the rolling radius would actually be slightly bigger but if u follow this link below it will barely make any difference to the speedo reading.. but they will def fit.. all mk1 fabias are the same regardless of what wheels it came with from the factory ;)

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=185&aspect=60&diameter=14&wheelwidth=6&offset=38&width2=205&aspect2=40&diameter2=17&wheelwidth2=7.5&offset2=35&Submit=Submit