Access to rear of Yeti Radio (Bolero)

Great Yeti

Hi, I hope someone can help with what should be a simple problem. I need to gain access to the wiring loom of the radio on our new Yeti. Tried through the "Top Box" - easy to remove but no access!

Q1...Does anyone know how I remove the radio?. I think the front bezel should come off but cannot see how.

Q2...How to remove the passenger glove box?. I found the four Torx Headed screws (two top & two bottom) but cannot release the box near the lock mechanism.

Q3...Does anyone have a wiring diagram or even the wiring colour code for Skoda?.

I have made a USB power module that fits neatly in the "Top Box" and need to pick up an "Ignition Live" feed to power it up. The module will charge a Sat-Nav which I have modified to fit inside the "Top Box" and other devices such as Iphones etc.

My next project will be a small mod to enable the second fog light WITHOUT affecting the Can-Bus system.

When I have completed these and proved them I will post pictures and details here should anyone want them......................Many thanks for taking the time to read this, even if you can't help! But I live in hope......................Proud owner of the GREAT YETI

Hi, after a heavy 24 hrs trying to find a way into the rear of the radio..............I've cracked it!!!!

I will post the instructions and photographs as soon as time permits! The bad news is there does not appear to be an "Ignition Live" feed. I suspect that the radio is taking instructions directly from the CAN-BUS (there is a connection for that) [should have suspected that, as the radio has a speed dependant feature].

I now am looking for a way to access the fuse box (rear of) by the drivers door. I think that the whole panel may swing down (if I only knew how!). I am sure that the "Ignition Live circuit will be accessible there. Anyone know how please?.

I am still looking for a way to remove the glove box - found four screws pretty easily, but suspect there is a fifth behind the push button release. Again, anyone know how to get at it?

Thanks again for taking the time to read my ramblings..............Still living in hope.......................Proud owner of the GREAT YETI

Edited by Great Yeti

Hi, after a heavy 24 hrs trying to find a way into the rear of the radio..............I've cracked it!!!!

I will post the instructions and photographs as soon as time permits! The bad news is there does not appear to be an "Ignition Live" feed. I suspect that the radio is taking instructions directly from the CAN-BUS (there is a connection for that) [should have suspected that, as the radio has a speed dependant feature].

I now am looking for a way to access the fuse box (rear of) by the drivers door. I think that the whole panel may swing down (if I only knew how!). I am sure that the "Ignition Live circuit will be accessible there. Anyone know how please?.

I am still looking for a way to remove the glove box - found four screws pretty easily, but suspect there is a fifth behind the push button release. Again, anyone know how to get at it?

Thanks again for taking the time to read my ramblings..............Still living in hope.......................Proud owner of the GREAT YETI

On my Octavia, I constantly fail to remember the screw on the side of the glovebox - i forget where, but fairly close to the hinge i seem to remember. Not one there is there?

Thanks for the "post". No, the one I am looking for is behind the Push Button release. The release button must come off to gain access (I think!), then the whole thing should just lift off. But sincere thanks for trying!!!!

Further investigation seams to confirm that the latest Yeti's don't readily have an accessible "Ignition live" circuit. So you must gain access to the Fuse Box by the drivers door. Again this is not very obvious as to how to remove the panel which holds the main vehicle light switch. Still hoping that someone out there knows how?????

Still living in hope (the eternal optimist).......................Proud owner of the GREAT YETI

Thanks for the "post". No, the one I am looking for is behind the Push Button release. The release button must come off to gain access (I think!), then the whole thing should just lift off. But sincere thanks for trying!!!!

Further investigation seams to confirm that the latest Yeti's don't readily have an accessible "Ignition live" circuit. So you must gain access to the Fuse Box by the drivers door. Again this is not very obvious as to how to remove the panel which holds the main vehicle light switch. Still hoping that someone out there knows how?????

Still living in hope (the eternal optimist).......................Proud owner of the GREAT YETI

Cover slides off to the left. Be carefull it scratches easily

Thanks Kasha - I will try that first thing tomorrow!

Just as a quick update on the problems:

1 - I am working on a "PDF" file which details the removal of the radio and will post it on the site ASAP It is quite simple but not very obvious!

2 - I have found a simple way of providing an "Ignition Live" circuit from the drivers door fuse box without having to remove any panels. It would appear that this is a problem that many are experiencing in "modern" vehicles. Again I will post a PDF as soon as I can. There is NONE behind the Bolero radio so don't waste your time looking, it's CAN-BUS controlled!.

I just need to work out the best way to upload the files to briskoda.net so that they are easily accessible.

Many thanks once again Kasha.........................the GREAT YETI

Edited by Great Yeti

Thank you Kasha!

Tried again today in daylight and finally managed to remove the glove box. It does slide to the left as you said but I had to release a small tab first.

Thanks again as it was your tip that gave me the motivation to keep trying. I have produced a PDF file which shows how to remove the glove box and

I will start a new topic [thread] to show how it is done and call it Skoda Yeti - Removing the Glove Box

I will also start two more topics: Removing the Bolero Radio and Providing an Ignition Live Feed Both these will be PDF files also, so just about anyone should be able to open them.

All these relate to my original topic, but I think that by listing them as new topics they may be found a little easier by anyone looking for the information.

Many thanks once again Kasha for your help.........................the GREAT YETI

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, sorry to anyone following this thread! It has taken me a little while to produce the guide to installing an "aftermarket" Sat-Nav in a Skoda YETI. Pressure of work and visitors are my excuse. Anyway here it is at last!

Installing a Sat-Nav in a Skoda Yeti

I hope this helps in some way! Should you need additional information, just email me and I will help if I can.........................the GREAT YETI

• 2 months later...

Excellent post. Thanks 'Great Yeti'.

My pleasure emoticon-0148-yes.gif Let me know if you need anything else

Have a good Christmas..........................................................................THE GREAT YETI smiley-transport011.gif