Skoda Octavia 1.2 TSI

krko

Hey all,

This is my first post on this forum - so far I've been watching quietly :) You've got a nice community going on here.

I'm thinking about buying a new Skoda Octavia 1.2 TSI and was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with it?

Thanks,

krko

Hey all,

This is my first post on this forum - so far I've been watching quietly :) You've got a nice community going on here.

I'm thinking about buying a new Skoda Octavia 1.2 TSI and was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with it?

Thanks,

krko

Hi

I have the old 1.6 with almost the same theoric bhp and I just arrived after doing a 3500km trip fully loaded up to the max. The car behaved expectacularly well, even during my trip cross Germany it reached 188km/h (gps reading, around 196km/h from the dash) and I could have gone further without problems. This is beyond the theoric max speed I think.

It is not a car to do rallies but it will not dissapoint u if you are looking for a car just to go from A to B.

BTW, the 1.2T has 125 real bhp.

Hope this helps.

Edited by pueseso

Hi

I have the old 1.6 with almost the same theoric bhp and I just arrived after doing a 3500km trip fully loaded up to the max. The car behaved expectacularly well, even during my trip cross Germany it reached 188km/h (gps reading, around 196km/h from the dash) and I could have gone further without problems. This is beyond the theoric max speed I think.

It is not a car to do rallies but it will not dissapoint u if you are looking for a car just to go from A to B.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. That certainly helps.

Good to hear. I'm certainly not looking for a car to do rallies or anything similar. Just a calm A to B driving with a solid amount of km every year. Does anyone have any experience with this model as it comes to reliability? The engine is fairly new in the market, so I'd like to hear about real life experiences you might have had with this engine.

Thank you in advance,

krko

Hi

Hope this helps.

An interesting statement: BTW, the 1.2T has 125 real bhp

The sales literature clearly states that the 1.2l TSI engine has 105 bhp at 5000rpm

So where does the extra 20 bhp/real bhp come from.

Is there a difference between real bhp and bhp?

If the engine does in fact have 125 real bhp why would the sales brochure not say so, it's nothing to be ashamed of, in fact quite the reverse.

An interesting statement: BTW, the 1.2T has 125 real bhp

The sales literature clearly states that the 1.2l TSI engine has 105 bhp at 5000rpm

So where does the extra 20 bhp/real bhp come from.

Is there a difference between real bhp and bhp?

If the engine does in fact have 125 real bhp why would the sales brochure not say so, it's nothing to be ashamed of, in fact quite the reverse.

In different magacines this engine has gone through a dynamometer test and as almost all VAG group turbo engines it delivers more bhp than advertised.

Have no clue why this is like this, but I guess it is related to homologation stuff, CO2 and who knows, even marketing strategy.

Does anyone have any insights regarding this specific engine reliability? Also I'd like to know what do you think of it's 7-speed DSG gearbox in terms of performance and reliability also.

thnx,

krko

Does anyone have any insights regarding this specific engine reliability? Also I'd like to know what do you think of it's 7-speed DSG gearbox in terms of performance and reliability also.

thnx,

krko

The engine is too new for any one to have established any meaningful figures regarding reliability.

The 7 speed DSG is not particular to the 1.2l TSI engine, so you can readily refer to this item by searching this forum.