Weston Super Mare Meet No12: Sat 6th November 2010

Tigger_1979

Yeah its that time of year again, for the Bi-Annual WSM Mini meet.

The Pier will reopen in time :D

http://www.grandpier.co.uk/2010/10/grand-pier-opening-announced/

Here is a link to the Last WSM meet

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/151385-weston-super-mare-meet-no11-sat-27th-march-2010/

Details of the mini meet are as follows:

Weston Sea Front Car Park by the miniature railway about 10:30am

Then a nice walk along the sea front to for a nice pub lunch.

After Lunch now the Pier is ready we will have a little Visit and spend all are pennys on the Arcade.

About 2:30pm we leave to visit a few Cyder Farms, the first will be Rich's Cyder farm, which can be found here and has a lot of cheese.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=Rich's%20cider%20farm&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

After Rich's I am planning a little longer drive south to a Brandy Distillery, and then a nice place called Perry's near Ilminster.

After this depending on who is left we will decide where to relax for the evening.

There is 2 pre meet Convoys

from the North, Easton Gordano Services (Junction 19 M5) at 9:30am

- can leave at 10:00am for a rant down to the beach

from the south, Exeter Services (formally Granada services) at 9:00am

- Can leave at 9.30am for a leisurely cruise up the motorway

Meeting point address details are as follows, if you would like to enter them into the Sat Nav if you get lost on the way to the sea front:

Marine Parade

Weston-super-Mare

BS23 1BE

(all details for this meet will appear on this 1st post, i.e. I will keep editing this post)

Edited by Tigger_1979

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I "think" is the current list of people based on this thread and a feeler

1) Will

2) Paige

3) devonutopia

4) Sharkrider

5) Gillywibble

6) Big Si

7) NFox

8) DaveHarries

9) niceyellow vrs

10) malcolm

11) Bryand

12) Neo VR

1) Will

2) Paige

3) devonutopia

4) Sharkrider

5) Gillywibble

6) Big Si

7) NFox

8) DaveHarries

9) niceyellow vrs

10) malcolm

11) Bryand

12) Neo VR

13)Chris+Family.

14) dvere & co

1) Will

2) Paige

3) devonutopia

4) Sharkrider

5) Gillywibble

6) Big Si

7) NFox

8) DaveHarries

9) niceyellow vrs

10) malcolm

11) Bryand

12) Neo VR

13)Chris+Family.

Yes I will be there: my first ever Briskoda meet. I will join at Gordano Services.

Dave

Edited by DaveHarries

I'm a 'maybe', would like to go but I have a lot going on and might be away elsewhere.

1) Will

2) Paige

3) devonutopia

4) Sharkrider

5) Gillywibble

6) Big Si

7) NFox

8) DaveHarries

9) niceyellow vrs

10) malcolm

11) Bryand

12) Neo VR

13) Chris+Family.

14) dvere & co

15) Makefish

I should be able to come, getting close to my babys due date then so ill put a cork up there on that date!!! hopefully alloys will be with me by then.

1) Will

2) Paige

3) devonutopia

4) Sharkrider

5) Gillywibble

6) Big Si

7) NFox

8) DaveHarries

9) niceyellow vrs

10) malcolm

11) Bryand

12) Neo VR

13) Chris+Family.

14) dvere & co

15) Makefish

16) chrisw880

17) jamesrbeaumont1987

Am still really looking forward to this occasion. Could I ask whereabouts the Cyder farms might be that we may / may not visit? I had an idea that, if we decided against the Brandy call, there is a very nice pub that I know of which is about 1.1 miles ** (or, if you wish to be silly, 180,819.28cm ** - :wonder: ) by road off the B3124 Clevedon - Portishead road. I, however, would access it from the Failand road (B3128) by coming off M5 @ J20. Serves real ales and excellent ciders (plus lager for anyone who fancies it) all on tap. Well worth a visit.

Might that entice anyone if the Cyder farm trip didn't happen? It is my favourite pub in the district and is mostly about 500 years old although the side bar is older than that......

Dave

** according to Google Earth

Edited by DaveHarries

cider farms are about 5 or 6 miles from Weston. My favourite, Richs, is down near "the hill" as I call it. Where you come off the M5 at junction 22? 23? South of Weston. Thatchers is more out east of Weston.

Ah OK. Cheers for that info.

Cider farms first, then pints at that pub? Problem is that cider does not mix with my insides, suffice it to say.

Dave

Oh go on then.

1) Will

2) Paige

3) devonutopia

4) Sharkrider

5) Gillywibble

6) Big Si

7) NFox

8) DaveHarries

9) niceyellow vrs

10) malcolm

11) Bryand

12) Neo VR

13) Chris+Family.

14) dvere & co

15) Makefish

16) chrisw880

17) jamesrbeaumont1987

18) ThePelletWaggler

This year the Cider farms are a little longer drive south than normal, as I would like to take the keen people to a Brandy Distillery.

I am planning to still visit Rich's, which everyone should be able to make as it is only about 11 miles south of WSM seafront, 23 minutes.

After Rich's the Brandy farm is another 24miles, 45 minutes, drive south. I highly recommend a visit to this one but if it is a bit far and late for you by then, you can easily get to the M5 from Rich's.

Am still really looking forward to this occasion. Could I ask whereabouts the Cyder farms might be that we may / may not visit? I had an idea that, if we decided against the Brandy call, there is a very nice pub that I know of which is about 1.1 miles ** (or, if you wish to be silly, 180,819.28cm ** - :wonder: ) by road off the B3124 Clevedon - Portishead road. I, however, would access it from the Failand road (B3128) by coming off M5 @ J20. Serves real ales and excellent ciders (plus lager for anyone who fancies it) all on tap. Well worth a visit.

Might that entice anyone if the Cyder farm trip didn't happen? It is my favourite pub in the district and is mostly about 500 years old although the side bar is older than that......

Dave

** according to Google Earth

hmmmm, not sure we will be heading in the right direction for this pub, but I will look into it for the next one in spring.