viper performance breather pipe

SNH

for the second time since owning the vrs the rubbish Y shape breather has split so on my hunt for an uprated one (not paying £70+ from awesome). i saw one on ebay and then reading golf+ this month came across an advert for http://www.viperperformance.co.uk/. even tho i'd never came across them before i decided to give them a ring,so on saturday gave them a ring 0845 0953 423 and spoke to a guy called DAN. although they were closed he still took my order and said it would be posted out monday, it arrived today and its superb quality and an excellent fit especially as it was only £34 to my door and comes with a 3 year warranty :thumbup::thumbup:

d2ba23d3.jpg

37c9dc90.jpg

fbdcb348.jpg

64fedd24.jpg

excellent service aswell :thumbup: and also available in various colours B)

Edited by sivrs

Seems a really good deal! What does the uprated one do?

it replaces the weak oem skoda part as there prone to fail and split. this one is silicone and layered therefore stronger and longer lasting :thumbup:

Cool maybe consider...what other pipes tend to go? Would this be compatible with a oil catch can fit?

oil catch can replaces this pipe altogether, most pipes can be replaced but its not cheap samco are probably the most commonly used

Guest westallc

yep fit a catch tank and remove the problem completly

this is good but you will find the hose below it also fails and gets full of crap

imo the only think to do is fit the catch tank it removes all these problem hoses and also cleans the air going into the the intake

si fit a fecking catch tank lol p,. call you later wanna know how the holiday was

yep fit a catch tank and remove the problem completly

this is good but you will find the hose below it also fails and gets full of crap

imo the only think to do is fit the catch tank it removes all these problem hoses and also cleans the air going into the the intake

si fit a fecking catch tank lol p,. call you later wanna know how the holiday was

i would fit a catch tank if it was deemed necessary mate but having cleaned the smic out today and being suprised at how little gunk was in it especially after all the stick its had for 3 years i dont see the point (and the fact i cant get hold of the guy who was supposed to me makin me a catch can) lol.

ps holiday was amazing and stupidly hot :giggle:

Guest westallc

difference withyours is you only drive it once ever 6 years to pop home down the motorway lol

p.s there should be no crap in the smic anyway so a little bit is still to much as dont forget it prob all in the turbo and pancake pipe etc etc

hot hot hot is how we like it plent of titty's on show?

difference withyours is you only drive it once ever 6 years to pop home down the motorway lol

p.s there should be no crap in the smic anyway so a little bit is still to much as dont forget it prob all in the turbo and pancake pipe etc etc

hot hot hot is how we like it plent of titty's on show?

but it gets driven HARD :giggle:

i might fit one at some point lol,

class 1 test booked so that comes first and it aint cheap :no:

PLENTY of BOOBIES on show mate ye :thumbup: (not that i noticed or looked of course as our lass was there :giggle: )

Edited by sivrs

Hey, also got one of these recently. Top quality product and great service for me too. Was hoping changing my completely split oem hose for this would cure the occasional hesitation on acceleration but seems about the same (to be honest, haven't noticed any actual change in how it drives since fitting this). Think the next thing to do will be the throttle body clean... Just got to pick the gasket up from the dealer!

Hey, also got one of these recently. Top quality product and great service for me too. Was hoping changing my completely split oem hose for this would cure the occasional hesitation on acceleration but seems about the same (to be honest, haven't noticed any actual change in how it drives since fitting this). Think the next thing to do will be the throttle body clean... Just got to pick the gasket up from the dealer!

i didnt really get any hesitation and only noticed it was split when i checked it over for my recent airport trip.

do the throttle body clean and check all your other hoses for possible splits/leaks as a vac leak may be causing it :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

How annoying. Fitting the new Viper breather pipe today, thinking easy 15 min job, and the lower pipe that fits to the right front of the new breather pipe snapped off entirely, leaving the connector still embedded in the old breather pipe. :'(

I just want to get the car functioning again and realise that the car is probably undriveable until i replace the lower pipe now. My knowledge of this is very limited, so i assume taping it is not even going to work even for a few days?

I'd be grateful if anyone can highlight the part required (may as well uprate this to silicon too while i am at it), and also whether this pipe just pulls out from where it is connected, as it seems in a pretty awkward and hard to get to area surrounded by other pipes. Doesn't help when the day is overcast and -2 outside either. :S

Oil catch can would be a project for the summer of 2011.