Blueflame Performance (Exhausts) gone bust?!

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this post but I know a few Octavia owners have a blue flame exhaust so thought you guys might be able to help.

3 weeks ago I ordered a turbo back exhaust system for my VRS MK1. Paid for it with credit card was told there would be a 2 week lead time while they build etc and left it at that. Have checked my card and they have taken the monies however when I have tried to chase them up I get nothing. Their website has been down "for maintenance" for about a week now. I had their page in my history so clicked on that to get their number again and every line I try to call is dead - sales, accounts etc all I get no response at all!

I sent them an email pointing out my frustration that I could not contact them Wednesday of last week but still had no response.

Is this the end of Blue flame Performance as we know it?! Does anyone have any info with regards to this matter and how exactly I can get my money back if they have gone bust?

many thanks

If it was a Credit Card, you're protected by the Consumer Credit Act. The card company will repay you and pursue Blueflame themselves. If you used a Debit Card, you're not protected. This is why I have a Credit Card. I use it for all online or phone purchases and then pay it off in full each month. Avoids any interest charges, but gives you peace of mind.

If it was a Credit Card, you're protected by the Consumer Credit Act. The card company will repay you and pursue Blueflame themselves. If you used a Debit Card, you're not protected. This is why I have a Credit Card. I use it for all online or phone purchases and then pay it off in full each month. Avoids any interest charges, but gives you peace of mind.

Or alternatively send the boys round with bats :p It couldnt be that they are in the process of moving site?

According to Companies House they are still active (since 2000):

BLUE FLAME PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING LTD

5 PIT HEY PLACE

WEST PIMBO

SKELMERSDALE

LANCASHIRE

WN8 9PS

Company No. 04090714

But Companies House also lists a new company (active since 05/10/2010), with a similar name/location:

BLUEFLAME PERFORMANCE EXHAUSTS LTD

UNIT 10 2 POTTER PLACE

WEST PINBOW

SKELMERSDALE

LANCASHIRE

ENGLAND

WN8 9PW

Company No. 07396708

Could be a case of the classic dirty trick of going bankrupt, then starting up again the next day under a slightly different name with no debts.

Just keep chasing them for now, they may just be having a few problems. If nothing gets resolved, then you know where they are.

If the website suddenly starts working again, under the second address above, and they refuse to supply your exhaust, then pop round with a couple of mates to have words!

thanks for the info guys. luckily i paid with my master card so am covered as i contacted the bank to find out what to do.

bodge that is interesting stuff you've posted there, the registration of the new company was only the 5th of this month so i think soon we will see them change contact numbers maybe? i would still ike to receive my exhaust but quite ****ed that i didnt even receive an email/courtesy call to explain all this rubbish

Guest westallc

was this to avoid certain money problems or is this just a revamp of the old company due to new location etc etc

anyone been fecked over by this or did they do it all above board

well i am 600 quid shy as a result if that counts as being fecked over! lol. phoned the bank last week and they reclaimed my monies :) just need to make sure that they dont re-debit my card when they have relocated.

it alll seems a bit too dodgy for a simple relocate to be honest. i know they have relocated - to a larger warehouse literally round the corner - but to not even mention this to me at the point of order (which was only 3 weeks ago) and to then not answer their phones/emails and website going down has really chaffed my balls

it just seems as if they have gone bust/liquidated the accounts for blueflame performance and then combined this with a move and opening of blueflame exhausts ltd.

still..... not telling your customers of the above and having no comms either gets a big :thumbdown: from me

Edited by vrs200bhp

was this to avoid certain money problems or is this just a revamp of the old company due to new location etc etc

If you're a successful company keen to keep its customer base, and moving to new location, you'd advertise it as much as possible and keep your website and telephone numbers.

This is clearly a classic case of hooky traders using the bankruptcy laws to escape responsibility.

I doubt it speaks much of the quality of their products.

A company to avoid !

Have contacted trading standards they are looking into it I have pointed them to this thread so they have the info....This will be interesting as I spoke to a local company here and they said they shut and reopened using a different trading name??????

Right i have found out this They are still trading Under Tube Sience LTD Trading as blueflame exhausts????? number is 01695 733100 the other company shut Oct.1 2010 They are still emailing as I spoke with a trader and he has received a email yesterday from them telling him the new name and new address.......I work for southyorshires finest so I will keep digging in to this and post any info I find out cheers

cheers mountie

yeah tried calling that number you quoted for a week now and it doesnt even ring. :thumbdown:

i have my money now so am not fussed really but **** will hit the fan if they then debit my card in say a week or twos time. found a replacement exhaust now anyway so dont want the blueflame.

one question is though, can my bank stop a transaction before it is made. for example could they block any attempts by blueflame to debit my card?

cheers mountie

yeah tried calling that number you quoted for a week now and it doesnt even ring. :thumbdown:

i have my money now so am not fussed really but **** will hit the fan if they then debit my card in say a week or twos time. found a replacement exhaust now anyway so dont want the blueflame.

one question is though, can my bank stop a transaction before it is made. for example could they block any attempts by blueflame to debit my card?

Change your card mate defo for the sake of waiting 5 days for a new card I would defo bud..I have a friend in the area where they claim to be and is gunna go there tomorrow....There has been almost 200 complaints of people being done over by them so fraud squad is now inv olved too that have been told from trading standards.