Turbo trouble

My 1.9tdi has covered 128,000 miles now and is displaying an strange (to me) fault. Running around shopping, local jaunts is no problem but as soon as the engine is put into work trouble starts. Open dual carriageway/motorway journeys are fine until I have covered about 40/50 miles at an fairly constant 60/70 MPH when everything is well and truly hot. At this point the turbo cuts out with the resultant loss of power. No engine fault lights show and the car drives fine, except lost power of course. When the engine has cooled down ( parked up an couple of hours or so) all returns to normal until an repeat higher speed run and its then an repeat of the problem. Any advise and comment appreciated..

Edited by crankedup

Gummed up VNT and turbo fan next, especially on a car thats covered 128k. and never been cleaned.

Thanks for response/info'. I am tempted to try the turbo clean product from INNOTEC, has anyone here tried it with success.