DIESEL FUEL LEAKING

johnmb

Changed the diesel fuel filter on the octy `.9 today , seemed to go easy , strted engine a few cranks , running ok .Look under the car fuel is pouring out . Where do you think this is coming from , did not touch any other hoses etc . any ideas . Thinking of putting the old one back in , for now to see if its the same leak . Help

Changed the diesel fuel filter on the octy `.9 today , seemed to go easy , strted engine a few cranks , running ok .Look under the car fuel is pouring out . Where do you think this is coming from , did not touch any other hoses etc . any ideas . Thinking of putting the old one back in , for now to see if its the same leak . Help

Has the filter got a water drain (plastic bit you can unscrew) on the bottom of it? was it done up tight when you fitted it so no fuel can come out of the bottom of the filter?

Has the filter got a water drain (plastic bit you can unscrew) on the bottom of it? was it done up tight when you fitted it so no fuel can come out of the bottom of the filter?

Yes it has , thought it was tight enough , hoping thats the reason and i need to do up tighter . As far as i know no other fuel pipes were dislodged as i assume they are all above the filter .

Yes it has , thought it was tight enough , hoping thats the reason and i need to do up tighter . As far as i know no other fuel pipes were dislodged as i assume they are all above the filter .

Yes, all the fuel pipes connect to the top of the filter as you say. Also check that all connections to the filter are seated properly and tight.

Yes, all the fuel pipes connect to the top of the filter as you say. Also check that all connections to the filter are seated properly and tight.

Took it out today and did the bottom tap up tighter , put it in , Still leaking , so replaced with the original one i had taken out . No fuel leaks . So false economy bought non vag part , will buy a vag one this week and do it all over again . Thanks