Altering specific blocks

Lew_VRS

Hi all,

Popped over to Spudhoolio's (Cheers Julian, top man :thumbup: ) earlier to get my car scanned in for fault codes and to try to re-set the V71 valve due to clicking behind the dashboard

Well the car threw up no fault codes apart from the radio, which was off, which was strange because I was expecting to have the re-circ motor flap fault.

We went into the HVAC to measure the specific blocks to see if the flap was moving and altering correctly, to which it was but was always 1 out i.e. iirc the value for the re-circ air flap was 27 and my car was reading actual of 28 etc..

I would like to know about how to alter the value to set it back to the setting as that is what I believe is causing the clicking due to the motor positioning being slightly out of synch with the specified value from the controller.

How do I find the correct log-in code for altering the HVAC values?

Many thanks,

Lewis

• 3 weeks later...

If you go into 'hvac' menu '8' I think on the latest VCDS and there should be a box below saying - reset to basic settings- and that should reset the motors back into sync. cheers - Stuart B)

If you go into 'hvac' menu '8' I think on the latest VCDS and there should be a box below saying - reset to basic settings- and that should reset the motors back into sync. cheers - Stuart B)

Cheers mate, I shall have to give that a try :)

top notch

Technically if it's just off by 1, you should still be fine. On the 1Zs Skoda applied a minor update which was supposed to fix that clicking noise on some of the modules but realistically it never truly did in the long run - at least not for all of them. Basically what happens is that the motor tries to reach it's end position which is stored in the control module. As long as it doesn't reach it it will keep trying, hence the clicking. As sparky2 suggested starting the learning process again and storing the min/max positions is a good idea and will in some cases fix this behavior. What I believe happens over time is that the motors won't reach the end points anymore due to dirt or drying grease blocks them. All current versions of VCDS should allow you to do the basic setting (learning process) and should even let you select it from a drop down menu rather then putting in the group number manually, this should apply to the 1Z and the 1U as well. Having said this, it's always a good idea to post an Auto-Scan when you ask questions like this, it will enable people to better understand which car you're talking about and may show other related things which you by yourself may not have thought about. :)