Jurassic Coast Tour 27th March 2011

devonutopia

Normally this is run during the summer, but due to crowded roads and too many damned tourists :D I have decided to run one in 2011 slightly out of season, i.e Sunday 27th March! To tie in with the Weston Super Mare meet the day before, the start shall be in my hometown of Exmouth. This is basically 10 minutes from the end of the M5 and the WSM meet is likely to be tailored so it finishes there (or nearby)

The itinerary is relatively simple. We shall all meet at Exmouth seafront, with the aim of leaving at 10am to head East.

I'll probably get there a bit earlier and there's a nice cafe you can grab a full English at - right on the seafront. :thumbup:

And the route of the tour is simple, follow the coast east until you reach Lulworth cove area. All subject to time constraints

There will be stops at:-

1) Budleigh Salterton beach

2) Sidmouth seafront

3) Beer then Branscombe beach

4) Seaton (see if old narrow gauge tram is running - seafront walk)

5) Lyme Regis (probably just drive through)

6) Charmouth (walk on beach / fossil hunting in rocks)

7) Parking on bridport road looking back to Chesil/Portland (photo op.)

8) Chesil Beach just above Portland (brief)

9) Portland Bill lighthouse (walk around)

10) Lulworth

There will be impromptu plans made for lunch and evening meal along the way. Chances are lunch will be in the stop at Lyme Regis, depending on time, and an evening meal for those who want to hang around somewhere near Lulworth. Expected end of the drive is around 6pm to 7pm, but as usual depends on time spent doing other things, which is kind of the idea of the Jurassic coast tour. :thumbup:

Well, I guess I'm going then. :D

1) devonutopia

well seeing as WSM was so much fun (assuming Imake a weekend of it again!) and watching you get a good foot of air as I was trying to chase you down (and the sparks were very impressive on your landing ;) ) I will try to make this, will have to book time off and sort accomadation ect, but i will do my best :thumbup:

hmmmm interesting idea

WSM meet on the Saturday, then Jurassic Coast meet on the Sunday, only problem I can think of is a lot of people may have cars full of Cyder from WSM meet.

Depends if Easter is early this year really as WSM meet is always last Saturday of March or the Saturday the weekend before Easter, depending on which comes earlier.

Does anyone know when Easter is next year?

hmmmm interesting idea

WSM meet on the Saturday, then Jurassic Coast meet on the Sunday, only problem I can think of is a lot of people may have cars full of Cyder from WSM meet.

Depends if Easter is early this year really as WSM meet is always last Saturday of March or the Saturday the weekend before Easter, depending on which comes earlier.

Does anyone know when Easter is next year?

Easter is April 25th next year

Bank Holidays

hmmmm so WSM meet is the day before 26th March, if people wanna plan a nice weekend :D

Suppose I better put the next WSM meet thread up early this time so we can organise this properly

Edited by Tigger_1979

For info, the Jurassic Coast tour is not some kind of coastal rally where we all go hair-raising through the countryside. Its a nice drive, etc, so cider in the boot is unlikely to be a problem. I'll be providing a sheet with postcodes etc at the start so I advise everyone to bring some form of GPS navigation. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1) devonutopia

2) teflontom

3) Mr and Mrs Tigger

4) dvere & co

5) Big Si & Vicki

6) niceyellow vrs and Zenya

7) chrisw880

8) markieboy & co

If this tour gets too big I might have to make it "bring your own lunch" as the chances of getting a place to eat for a dozen or so Skodas is going to be "interesting" - I will still try though.....

1) devonutopia

2) teflontom

3) Mr and Mrs Tigger

4) dvere & co

5) Big Si & Vicki

7) chrisw880

8) markieboy & co

9) vRS19TD + 1 (Only a maybe for both of us)

I have been wanting to make 1 of the Jurassic Coast trips and never had chance, so hopefully 2011 will be my year. :)

Edited by vRS19TD

A chance to meet up with some south coast vRS drivers, hmmm.... I am in!!! :)

1) devonutopia

2) teflontom

3) Mr and Mrs Tigger

4) dvere & co

5) Big Si & Vicki

7) chrisw880

8) markieboy & co

9) vRS19TD + 1 (Only a maybe for both of us)

10) DBP

If this tour gets too big I might have to make it "bring your own lunch" as the chances of getting a place to eat for a dozen or so Skodas is going to be "interesting" - I will still try though.....

we could always fire up a bbq in the back of my pickup :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

1) devonutopia

2) teflontom

3) Mr and Mrs Tigger

4) dvere & co

5) Big Si & Vicki

7) chrisw880

8) markieboy & co

9) DBP

I can't make this as it's SWMBO's birthday on the 27th March and for some reason i thought this was on the 7th March. :doh:

I somehow can't see SWMBO wanting to follow a group of other Skoda's across the Jurassic Coast on her birthday. :D