Sunny SN3830 winter tyres

Sunny delight :D

Sounds like Far Eastern poo.....you wouldn't skimp on "summer" tyres, (I hope), so why risk cr@p when you most need them to be safe?

Have you got any data to back this up, or are you just going on the name?

Sunny delight :D

Sounds like Far Eastern poo.....you wouldn't skimp on "summer" tyres, (I hope), so why risk cr@p when you most need them to be safe?

Have you got any data to back this up, or are you just going on the name?

"Founded in 1988 South China Tire & Rubber Co., Ltd. (SCTR) is the first modernized large state-owned enterprise that specializes in manufacturing a complete series of Radial Tires.

SCRT owns two worldwide well-known brands, WANLI and Sunny"

Yes, I'm aware that it's a Chinese brand. But I wanted to know why he thought it was likely to be 'cr@p'.

Is it just because it comes from China or does he have a more intelligent reason, such as test data?

Yes, I'm aware that it's a Chinese brand. But I wanted to know why he thought it was likely to be 'cr@p'.

Is it just because it comes from China or does he have a more intelligent reason, such as test data?

You don't drive a Chinese car, do you? Why not? :giggle:

I'm still looking for them, but I remember reading numerous tests where some of the cheapest, nastiest & most dangerous tyres were Chinese branded.

I do agree that it is not a pre-requisite for Chinese products to be rubbish, though-I sell plenty of them after all....!

Many manufacturers have their own QC'd factories there, which is fine, but the reality is that there is still "no smoke without fire".

Never heared of Sunny tyres but if you want value for money and quality you can get Nokian WRG2's for about £60 each from Mytyres.co.uk. They are well reviewed and well thought of. I've got them on and so far so good but only tried them in a bit of ice ,wet and sleet.

Never heared of Sunny tyres but if you want value for money and quality you can get Nokian WRG2's for about £60 each from Mytyres.co.uk. They are well reviewed and well thought of. I've got them on and so far so good but only tried them in a bit of ice ,wet and sleet.

I ordered them yesterday.... £63 something a piece and like you say they seem to get good reviews..... Hoping they'll be better than the standard Dunlop SP I ran last winter...... That was an education !

Did you order them on mytyres by the way ? Got a confirmation email, but nowt else so far.

I think there's a bit of "self-selection enhancement" going on there. I had a "once was understeery" Xantia on Barum Brilliantus, put Toyo Proxes CF-1s on the front, and turned it into an over-steerer because of the extra grip I found! No way did the Toyos only have 10% better dry grip than the Barums.

The last Autocar or Auto Express test I saw put Sunny's all-weather tyres at 20% worse than the best of the pack.

I think there's a bit of "self-selection enhancement" going on there. I had a "once was understeery" Xantia on Barum Brilliantus, put Toyo Proxes CF-1s on the front, and turned it into an over-steerer because of the extra grip I found! No way did the Toyos only have 10% better dry grip than the Barums.

The last Autocar or Auto Express test I saw put Sunny's all-weather tyres at 20% worse than the best of the pack.

I can't decide if thats good or bad?! :S If it means 20% worse than say a top of the range Vredestein, then its good, isn't it? :giggle:

Did you order them on mytyres by the way ? Got a confirmation email, but nowt else so far

I ordered from Mytyres with no problems. Got a 'reciept of order' then a few days later a 'confirmation of order' with tracking number. Tyres came from Germany but tracking worked well.