Parking sensors

Justa

Fitted a set to my wife's Fiesta, very easy to fit, only two wires, just make sure to measure hole positions carefully. They performed extremely well. She has now swapped the car and I have bought another set to fit to her new car. The whole kit was less than £50, compared to more than £100 for 1 genuine Skoda sensor.

I have just got these from the bay. Although they are probably paintable, I have gone for black so I don't think I will need to bother, I also like the fact they are under an inch in diameter so the look will be very OE, and for 15 quid with a 3 year warranty they are a bargain. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted the Dolphin sensors, work really well. I was having a tow bar fitted so while they had the bumper off I drilled the holes for the sensors, fitted them, and then finished off the wiring later. Colour match was pretty good too.

Edited by r6ymy

I got a set of the eBay ones linked above for £14.99, i got mine ready painted in silver and they match my mk1 Octy's paintwork perfectly.

I fitted mine exactly as per the OEM locations and fed the wires from the sensors up to the control box through a rubber grommet in the boot floor. The wires, control box and alarm are all hidden behind the boot carpet and the alarm is plenty loud enough in the drivers seat.

They took 30 minutes to fit, and i'm no electrician.

I fitted mine as soon as i bought the Octy after i found a previous thread on here, so i've had them about 4 months now. All i can say is they work great, they look OEM and for £15 i consider them an absolute bargain.

Jon

i got these too, but they have been sat in the garage for six months. I need to try and work out exactly which bit of kit i will need to interface between the power/fusebox/canbus and the sensors.

I've fitted the ebay ones to my mkII Octy. Piece of p155 to fit-measured the OEM positions off my brothers, which has factory fit. No canbus problems, power comes off reverse light & grounded to rear light fixing bolt. No need to remove bumper either-fed all wires through bottom of p/s tail light aperture & sited control module & beeper in side pocket near CD changer. :thumbup:

Positions I used are:

46cm centre to centre for middle two sensors;

41cm centre to centre from these to outside sensors;

All sensors 13cm from 'crease' in rear bumper (above exhaust height) to centre of sensors.

Easiest way to find the centre of the bumper I found was to measure between the ends of the reflectors in the bumper.

Like so:

HPIM1358.jpg

Sorry 'bout crap quality lol.

were they the £16 ones? do they beep when you engage reverse.

Yes & yes! Beep sound is not quite the same as OEM, but you can quieten it down with a bit of insulating tape. It's tucked away in the trim anyway. Perfectly acceptable!

Beep works exactly like OEM though otherwise-i.e. gets more 'urgent' as you get closer!

I've fitted the ebay ones to my mkII Octy. Piece of p155 to fit-measured the OEM positions off my brothers, which has factory fit. No canbus problems, power comes off reverse light & grounded to rear light fixing bolt. No need to remove bumper either-fed all wires through bottom of p/s tail light aperture & sited control module & beeper in side pocket near CD changer. :thumbup:

Positions I used are:

All sensors 13cm from 'crease' in rear bumper (above exhaust height) to centre of sensors.

Easiest way to find the centre of the bumper I found was to measure between the ends of the reflectors in the bumper.

Like so:

Nice

So.... they are powered off the reverse light and you get no errors at all?

Just installed mine

IMAG1868.jpg

I'm very happy with them. £15 well spent. I fitted them to the bumper molding as I wasn't sure how good the colour match would have been (also if I'd messed it up I would only have had to change the molding not the bumper.

Positions I used are:

Like so:

HPIM1358.jpg

Can you give a few more details re: the wiring. How did you run the power off the reverse, via the plug (which wire) or directly from the bulb?

When you say 'crease' do you mean at the bottom of the reflectors?

Also are they the ebay ones in my link? I decided to colour code for an exact match, after a bit of work - paint/lacquer 3000 grit wet 'n' dry then a session with the detailing machine - they look awesome, I was going to fit today, but unfortunately I would have to dig the car out first!

I will try and take pic's of the fitting and post them as and when. :thumbup:

Edited by Pagey1255

Can you give a few more details re: the wiring. How did you run the power off the reverse, via the plug (which wire) or directly from the bulb?

When you say 'crease' do you mean at the bottom of the reflectors?

Also are they the ebay ones in my link? I decided to colour code for an exact match, after a bit of work - paint/lacquer 3000 grit wet 'n' dry then a session with the detailing machine - they look awesome, I was going to fit today, but unfortunately I would have to dig the car out first!

I will try and take pic's of the fitting and post them as and when. :thumbup:

I simply spliced the power (red) wire into the switched live for the reverse light, near the plug. I can't remember which wire it was & I can't get at it at present as I'm away, but the easiest way to identify the correct wire was to connect the earth first-I used a tail light securing bolt-and then, with the ignition on & the car in reverse, touch the exposed power wire into each terminal in the plug until you get a live. Take the car out of reverse & test again to make sure you have the right one, then use a scotchlok connector or similar.

Yes they are the ebay ones from the same seller-£16 IIRC.

The 'crease' I was referring to is the one below the reflectors, yes.

HTH :thumbup:

Worth adding, although i am over the moon with mine, that very very occassionally the sensors become tempermental and when in reverse the alarm sounds with the continuous beep you get when very close to something.

I think i've worked out it seems to happen when the sensors are wet, they have been ok though when the car has been caked in dirt and grime recently in this poor weather.

The only reason i mention this is because it happened tonight, but again it has been raining.

In the 3 months since they have been fitted it has only happened about 5 times, considering the car is used every day it's nothing really.

This could of course be my dodgy wiring.

Jon