Recent breather, DV, wheels, etc. fiddlings!

Bodge

First came two new wheels to replace the nakkered front pair (previous owner used them as parking sensors!)...

p1030500.jpg

They look so nice when they're all polished and waxed.

p1030512.jpg

Then there were powdercoated 16" steels. Still awaiting the winter tyres!

p1030896.jpg

Then a new full standard breather system.

p1030869p.jpg

A proper plug for the suction spray port on the manifold (I removed the suction spray pump earlier in the year).

p1030876cu.jpg

I ordered a new top for my existing Forge DV direct from Forge, and went for the one with the variable angled spigot so I could refit the engine cover. I also fitted a Viper Y-hose, and put a proper plug in the suction pump port on the intake hose. The DV and Y-hose now fit perfectly under the main cover.

p1030882pb.jpg

Here you can see the simple line for the brake servo.

p1030891h.jpg

This is the rather bland result! I still have the catch can, it's just having a deep clean right now. Not sure if I'll put it back on or not yet, as I quite like having a simple looking bay again (yes I'm weird)!

p1030893.jpg

I really want to get the steels on next, ready for a Eurotrip in the new year. I also hope santa will bring me a fruity exhaust! :p

nice, what did they charge you for the dv top?

Merci! This is what Forge said to me:

"The FMCL007PA top can be bought for £20.00 + £3.50 carriage + VAT at a total delivered price of £27.61.

Please call me on 01452 380999 to place the order."

You can obviously choose the colour, and it's a straight fit. £20 is a little steep, but cheaper than buying a new valve! Plus the old valve top makes a nice paper weight!

Looks good mate, your breather is similar to mine now although I've got rid of that t piece and put a straight bit of hose there and bridged the 2 outlets on the inlet manifold :thumbup:

Yeah that's exactly how I had mine before with the catch can. Just bridged the vac ports on the manifold for the breather and suction pump, and ran a straight hose direct off the crankcase breather to the catch can. Simple and reliable.

I wanted the vac line back in the breather system though, as I want to check something out with the crankcase pressure on over-run.

The engine seems quieter now, and the covers should keep the salt out!

All very clean :thumbup:

Cheers Rob. I've decided to go with the matt black, clean OEM+ look for the engine. There are some stunning examples of this in PVW mag. They look like they came from the factory, and they are super clean. Black TB and inlet manifold would be nice. But one thing I'm really craving now are some black hose clips! There's a car in this months PVW with all the hose clips in black, and it made me drool! Simple things...... I'll find a pic and post it in ur thread.

Clean spiders always look cool!

Are they brand new from skoda or refurbs? And how much were they?

Yeah I had all the wheels off and washed them in the shower because it's cold and dark out haha! Gave them some serious TLC, and I've fallen in love with them again. Getting the centres spotless makes them look so good.

The two new wheels are actually from people's boots! Both unused with the original factory fit unused tyres on. Totally mint and untouched, without a single blemish. One came from my boot, and one came from Steeviewonders. I got a price from Skoda for them a couple of years back and I think they were about £145+vat each new. I put the price in the part numbers sticky somewhere.

When the wheels were all scuffed and grubby I didn't like them, but funnily enough, now that they look mint I love them!