Clarkson likes the Yeti

Sanqhar

In a review of the Mini Countryman Cooper S ALL4 in today's Sunday Times Clarkson says:

".. the model I tested - a Cooper S - costs more than £22,000. And that makes it about £3,000 more than the similarly powered Skoda Yeti. Don't be a snob about this, because the Mini isn't a Mini and the Skoda isn't really a Skoda. It's just a Volkswagen. More pointedly, the Mini is terrible and the Yeti is surprisingly good."

tom

In a review of the Mini Countryman Cooper S ALL4 in today's Sunday Times Clarkson says:

".. the model I tested - a Cooper S - costs more than £22,000. And that makes it about £3,000 more than the similarly powered Skoda Yeti. Don't be a snob about this, because the Mini isn't a Mini and the Skoda isn't really a Skoda. It's just a Volkswagen. More pointedly, the Mini is terrible and the Yeti is surprisingly good."

tom

Clarkson is consistent in his admiration of the Yeti.

Any links to his review? Looking forward to it being on Top Gear

It's a review of the Mini Countryman NOT the Yeti.

I think you have to pay to see the Sunday Times online.

Hope you noticed that I called it a "review". They are definitely not roadtests. I only ever read the last six column inches, the rest is usually nothing about the car and is just rubbish.

tom

It's a review of the Mini Countryman NOT the Yeti.

I think you have to pay to see the Sunday Times online.

Hope you noticed that I called it a "review". They are definitely not roadtests. I only ever read the last six column inches, the rest is usually nothing about the car and is just rubbish.

tom

Well, however 'off the wall' I find Mr Clarkson et al, I enjoy hearing reports that confirm my real world experience.