2011 Briskoda Photo Competition Entry Thread

PastyBoy

Afternoon all

It was discussed with the powers that be about the possibilty of a photo competition with the possiblity of prizes including winning photo being used on the landing page of the site or stickers etc etc.

At this point the powers that be went quiet but i thought i'd start the competition rolling anyways, if it works we may speed things up in time to get 12 winning photo's together and produce a 2012 calendar

Simple enough idea:

A theme is set for competition (there will be 12 to get 12 pages of a calendar)

pictures are submitted via this thread and MUST include a Skoda (sorry non-skoda owning members but this is Briskoda)

then the 10 best will be put into a poll thread for the duration of the following competition (Approx 4 weeks)

the general Briskodian Public can then vote to decide the winner

(at present the final 10 will be decided by me - although i'll happily put a select commitee together if necssary)

Essentially any picture is eligible as long as it fits the vague "theme" of the month.

they can be good, they can be bad or of course they can ugly,

they can orignal raw pictures or "enhanced" in post production,

they can be shot with any type of camera or camera phone,

they can be impromtu photo's or hugely staged productions.

Bascially anything goes - if you think it's a good photo then it's worthy of submission

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all and it's the voting public that decide - so a simple clever picture may beat a hugely editted and photoshopped creation.

This months theme:

Light & Dark

PS - Oh and if this bombs then it wasn't my idea

and any questions about the likelyhood and or nature of prizes will be pointless as i know as much as you do - nada!

Edited by PastyBoy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

HI, I've been out of the uk over the new year.

So if this:

> At this point the powers that be went quiet but i thought i'd start the competition rolling anyways, if it works we may speed things up in time to get 12 winning photo's together and produce a 2012 calendar

HAs happened then this is why. More than happy to get some prizes, in fact we missed the pre xmas one I was going to do. It makes much better sense to run several each month. Logistics are difficult but I have around 40 hours over the next few days to clear the backlog of issues.

Please do fwd me the email trail to webmaster @ br

Cheers.

Colin.

Hi Col

Welcome back to Blighty and sorry you've returned to issues.

My comment was meant compltely in jest; I wasn't thowing accusations of anything around

The idea was mentioned in the Competion thread in the Freedom section and there was no comment from you guys in red.

As people seemed up for it i thought I'd start the competition ball rolling and let you guys sort out incentives/calendars at a later date.

Lets hope that someone actually submits something or it'll all be in vain anyways! :D

Edited by PastyBoy

My suggestion is to limit the entries to one per person per month.

The way it works on most forums is that you can enter and you can change your entry during the month if you wish but only one entry per person can be visible within the competition thread.

My suggestion is to limit the entries to one per person per month.

The way it works on most forums is that you can enter and you can change your entry during the month if you wish but only one entry per person can be visible within the competition thread.

BTW exactly where do we enter?

Here?

Hi K1W1

yes i took one entry per person per monrh as a given although as you say the entry can be changed by that user if they think they have taken a better one!

yep entry in this thead in the normal hosted image way :thumbup:

Lighting up 'The Lakes':

untitled.jpg

Edited by jrw

I think I might be pushing it entering this:

2011-01-02%20at%2000-46-29%20-%20Version%202.jpg

I expect one of those cars is a Skoda! I took it on New Years from my hotel in Russel Square, London

Joke by the way...I won't enter this. I'll try to get a photo of my car in the next couple of weeks. :giggle:

Edited by dan yeates

Here is mine, although I have a different idea so may change it if I have time time take the picture.

DSC00883.jpg

I think that one would be good if the subject was "Reflections". Which of course would be a good suggestion for another months challenge title.

I think that one would be good if the subject was "Reflections". Which of course would be a good suggestion for another months challenge title.

But it is also light and dark. I have a different idea that I will post if I get the chance to set up and take the shot. Stop dissing my picture Jim and post an entry....... :rofl: