GSM III - confirmed with both rSAP and HFP

Hi guys.

I could not find anywhere obvious to post this on the site, so here goes since Octy II is the forum I tend to visit.

I am waiting for my new vRS estate and have read back and forth about rSAP support, and phones that do and do not work. Myself, owner of an Apple Premium Reseller, would look rather silly running around with a Nokia "because of my car, you see...".

I ordered it with GSM III for reasons that don't really matter anymore, but the great news are these (have not seen them confirmed anywhere around the site, just speculations):

I live in Norway, so UK residents might have to check if this applies, but I rang Skoda Norway today and got confirmed that as of mid 2010 all VAG veichles, including Skoda, ordered with GSM III are fitted with a solution that supports BOTH rSAP (Remote SIM Application Protocol) and HFP (Hands Free Protocol) also known as traditional Bluetooth. That means that all reasonably new phones with bluetooth, INLUDING iPHONE, are supported.

The phones that do not have rSAP will not do the extra tricks as displaying text messages on Maxidot, and let the car itself be the phone, but it will at least make do with adresslist, caller id and such on phones that normally support this.

In addition, a couple of months ago VAG released an additional original fitting for owners of the "old" GSM III solution. This fitting will make rSAP only systems support HFP (tradiitonal bluetooth) as well.

Can you hear the angels sing?

:p

Edited by takktakk