european headlight adjustment

:S Had a search on the forums and found a guide for a non FL (vrs) so I presume its possable on the FL cars with a differant headlight unit, so has anybody done it ? cheers - Stuart B)

Edited by sparky2

:S Had a search on the forums and found a guide for a non FL (vrs) so I presume its possable on the FL cars with a differant headlight unit, so has anybody done it ? cheers - Stuart B)

Just got back from a business trip to France with my FL Scout & had also read the instructions in the vrs post. Gave it a try with mine & it was even easier than expected. Just follow the instructions for changing a headlight bulb, pull the headlamp unit out of the wing remove the rubber cover to reveal the back of the bulb & look for the little lever either side of the reflector (as shown in vrs post) I was able to slide these across without any tools & then put everything back. No need to disconnect any wires & no tools required, should take no more that 5 mins a side, changed mine back to UK setting yesterday. Just remember to slide the retaining hook / catch thingy back to secure the light unit when refitting, I expected it to spring back on its own but you need to push it back in otherwise only the nylon nut holding the unit in place.

Just got back from a business trip to France with my FL Scout & had also read the instructions in the vrs post. Gave it a try with mine & it was even easier than expected. Just follow the instructions for changing a headlight bulb, pull the headlamp unit out of the wing remove the rubber cover to reveal the back of the bulb & look for the little lever either side of the reflector (as shown in vrs post) I was able to slide these across without any tools & then put everything back. No need to disconnect any wires & no tools required, should take no more that 5 mins a side, changed mine back to UK setting yesterday. Just remember to slide the retaining hook / catch thingy back to secure the light unit when refitting, I expected it to spring back on its own but you need to push it back in otherwise only the nylon nut holding the unit in place.

I cant find the thread on forum searching does this work for a Octy 2 VRS with standard lights ???

:thumbup: Thanks for that skaut, not going over untill july but I will have a look behind the headlights for the lever/switch, as far as I know the headlights are all the same on the FL (octavia written on the side) its not got xenons or maxidot. cheers - Stuart. B)

30 years ago I had the misfortune to drive a Chrysler Alpine for 6 months, but on the headlights it had a simple switch sat on the side of the headlights so you just moved it up or down depending on where you where in the world,

It would be in Skodas interest to do something similar and more cost affective for them

It sounds as though they have but its inside the headlamp, I used to have a chrysler alpine and they were good at the time (metallic grey) 1977

30 years ago I had the misfortune to drive a Chrysler Alpine for 6 months, but on the headlights it had a simple switch sat on the side of the headlights so you just moved it up or down depending on where you where in the world,

It would be in Skodas interest to do something similar and more cost affective for them

With the Xenons & maxidot you just go into the dashboard menu & switch them over, no need to even get out of the car let alone meddle under the bonnet