Whistling from engine!

Had my new vRS TSI since xmas eve and just covered 700 miles and loving it, but in the last week have noticed that there is a loud whistling coming from the engine bay but not sure where, so called my dealership not much help, but went in yesterday and they looked and they came to the conclusion it might be the charcoal filter that has exhaust gases going through it, the noise occurs when engine warm and cold, seen a few threads on this topic but none with this explanation, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, dealership said they might have to replace the filter. (excuse any spelling just come off a night shift)

I had the same whistling problem on my petrol vRS. The first time they changed the air con compressor and it went away for about a month. The second time it came back on for a couple of days, the dealers could not detect any faults, and the noise went away (and has stayed away) for a few weeks now. So whatever it is it seems to affect quite a few of us...

Thanks for the above link, very intresting, so in a nutshell not really sure, but if the dealer does not play ball then time to explain a few things and see what sort of reaction I get, I will keep you posted