£100 of skoda vouchers

• 6 months later...

sell them on here for £70 so others can buy mats, mud flaps, boot protector, etc it is better then getting something you dont really need or buying an over price item like a battery

• 7 months later...

Not to dimish what you have got there, but not really 2 services is it ? Depends what they mean by "inspection service" but I read into it that they inspect but don't change the oil? (so possibly charge you for one change?)

Is that great value ?

http://www.skoda.co.uk/gbr/owners/service-and-maintenance/service-plans/Pages/default.aspx

• 1 x Oil change at 10,000 miles or 12 months
  • 1 x Inspection service at 20,000 miles or 24 months
  • 1 x Dust and pollen filter at 24 months
  • 1 x Brake fluid change at 24 months (if required)†
  • 1 x Fuel filter (if required) †
  • 1 x Air filter (if required) †

I practically have my car written off now in terms of having owned it for 6 years and got a lot of good miles from it (90k)

Having put a lot of money in servicing the dealers way I say ball to em now.

So basically you have £30 worth of oil and a pollen and airfilter probably about £15. I doubt they even change the fuel filter.

Seems like money for old rope even if you are talking about £200 for an oil change and other stuff.

Given mines had all the early on dealer stamps I'd rather chuck it in to an indie and still be quids in, or just do the change myself

Mind you I suppose they have to make profit from someone...but let it not be me til I decide to buy another car

I'm WELL into profit on this deal. I took mine out in August 2010 and paid £299 knowing the expensive 40,000 mile service was coming up in twelve months. Hence it paid for the £285 service in August 2011. I was also sold it on the basis that it paid for regular servicing NOT what's actually being stated so I've got a battle on my hands to get them to honour the full cost of the next Inspection service - but having had £100 in vouchers too (which as 've noticed knocked £100 off my cambelt change cost) I've already more than covered the cost of the service plan...

Wow they have you hook, line, sinker.....I'm not saying the service plan is a bad thing, but like you said you're having to fight with them just for them to match their promises.

At the end of the day a service elsewhere (perhaps equally as good, if not better, I'd recommend a place like Unit 18 for instance) would work out no more expensive, likely cheaper. Do I feel the need to wave the main dealer stamp like a badge of honour on my old car and pretend it makes it worth more ? No

Profit ? The only profit is thru the dealer (if they cover their costs). Servicing the car is a must have, but for you is always a loss.

Sorry if that comes across as abrasive, but it winds me up with the main dealer monopolisation, at the end of the day you don't have to anymore even on new cars ! :rock:

Edited by dominorising

I always have my cars dealer serviced. I also only buy cars with a dealer service history. In that context the service plan is a GOOD IDEA since if I'm doing that others are too.