Snow Monster Rolling Road Results

rockhopper

Well. What can I say...I was a little disappointed with my results.

Yes my car is more much more drivable than Johann's exact same car.

I have 166bhp and 355Nm torque

I do feel that it could do with more, specially at the 50-70mph area.

I must confess to have been expecting more

I hope Octygone and 900000 will post their results later.

Mike

Not much of an increase in BHP, considering how everyone reckons that VAG are "conservative" with their figures. Interested to see what the standard figures are.

I'll let Johann put his up later, but they are not that conservative.......

Mike

Are there any rolling road figures for the 1.2TSI Yeti,I'm sure I read somwhere its more than the standard 105 bhp.

Nobody turned up today in a 1.2tsi.

Yetiwise, jus a 2wd 110 (ish), & 2 CR140DSG's.(one ishemoticon-0136-giggle.gif)

Mike

Couple of results for 1.2 tsi average at 125-130bhp.

VW are conservative with their power outputs, its just the remaps arent such a leap as the market would have you believe, usually you gain more torque and more power at lower rpms but not much more peak BHP.

Couple of results for 1.2 tsi average at 125-130bhp.

VW are conservative with their power outputs, its just the remaps arent such a leap as the market would have you believe, usually you gain more torque and more power at lower rpms but not much more peak BHP.

Still, it's the torque at lower RPMs that make all the difference in daily driving - 10 HPs more or less on 6K rpms is something an ordinary driver would never notice.

Yeah don't believe everything you read. Very few maps will give you the tuners quoted figures. I don't recall any car ever making REVO quoted figures for just a map and I've seen literally hundreds of cars on dyno's.

Just because you may feel you have a small increase it depends what you had as OEM. There could be a difference of 40bhp and 50lb/ft between the two curves at various points.

Peak figures aren't everything :)

Yeah don't believe everything you read. Very few maps will give you the tuners quoted figures. I don't recall any car ever making REVO quoted figures for just a map and I've seen literally hundreds of cars on dyno's.

Just because you may feel you have a small increase it depends what you had as OEM. There could be a difference of 40bhp and 50lb/ft between the two curves at various points.

Well, if Skoda, VW and Porsche Racing Teams trust Revo Technik, then that's a reasonable recommendation for starters!

I hope all the above comments allay your disappointment - even at the figure you quote, you are only a tad shy of 170 - and, you said it - the car is much more driveable. I guess it is all too easy to always be wanting just a bit more, after all...

Well, if Skoda, VW and Porsche Racing Teams trust Revo Technik, then that's a reasonable recommendation for starters!

Never said don't trust them and I use REVO myself.

But you will struggle to show me a car that has made their claimed output with just a map from a reliable dyno.

I hope all the above comments allay your disappointment - even at the figure you quote, you are only a tad shy of 170 - and, you said it - the car is much more driveable. I guess it is all too easy to always be wanting just a bit more, after all...

Yes, you are right and one always wants more :-)

Mike

I agree. and the car is more drivable :-)

Its probably still too new to produce its best. Don't worry about it. If it feels better than it did before, then job done. As was posted earlier its about much more than peak figures.

Just enjoy it. :thumbup:

Everybody is dissapointed by the 140 results but have you guys read how much the 110 put out???.

155bhp!!!

Thats almost the same as the remapped 140 and a stock 170 :giggle:

Buying a yeti?

Save some cash and pick up the 110!.

Not surprised by the uplift in 110 performance; it's the same physical engine as the 140, just a different gearbox and detuned electronics. Also not that far removed from the 170 either; again different gearbox and detuned electronics but also in this case the turbo.

Have to remember also that the braking systems are matched to the original designed output; one to keep in mind ;)

TP