Fixing Starter Wire (Broken Off)

Crocket

It's taken me a while to remove the battery, tray etc... finally got to the problem!

Snapped from inside the connector! I've tried everything to get this connector off but I can't... does anyone know how?

I've pulled off the red tab, I've also tried screwdrivering it ... I hope it is supposed to come off!

Apart from smashing it off and buying another I'm not sure...

imag0101o.jpg

When mine went late last year, I prised the tab back using a thin bladed screwdriver, then a combination of gentle waggling and prising with the screwdriver got the connector off.

It is possible to get the terminal out of the connector (I read it on here or similar) but for the time and effort, it might be better to try to get a new connector/wire from a local dealer.

Mine broke mid-wire BTW, so I managed to crimp it back together. A bit of a bodge but it works for now.

J.

I managed to get it off by using some mole grips, twisting it got it off eventually.

I used some paper clips to get the metal contact out of the middle and soldered on wire to the connector.

Then I could attach the new soldered wire onto the wiring loom!

All fixed :) Takes some time though...