BREAKING NEWS: 1.2TSI development car required

shark_90

We require 2 x 1.2TSI test cars to enable us to finalise development of our 1.2TSI software.

We require 1 x manual and 1 x DSG car for at least 2 days for test purposes and as a thankyou to the owner of the car, we will be offering our software to them free of charge.

If you would like to take part in this exciting development, please call us immediately on 01623 332233 to discuss. This offer is strictly first come, first served.

Thanks!

Ben

We've been getting alot of questions about what's possible and what kind of gains are we hoping to get from this engine.

Short answer, we really don't know. Nobody knows that yet for sure.

First of all we have to remember, this ECU type is brand new, Simos 10 has never been used before.

Problem has been, that there was no tool available that could write and correct the checksum/RSA signatures for the file.

We've been working on the software for quite some time now, and based on that research it does seem there's plenty of potential on that engine. But before we can test it on a real car, with proper datalogging equipment, its all just theory.

When we have verified the results, we will of course release them.

So are you saying a custom remap is possible, not just a generic file?.

I am in Taiwan, is there any chance of finding a dealer here that can supply me with your map (when its done of course!).

If you can explain what you mean by "custom" and "generic" then one of us can give you an answer.

As far as I'm concerned "generic" means "badly written", at least that's what I think from reading the forum. People seem to think "generic" means that it was rather badly written in 30 seconds, and is therefore cheap, and there's a lot of that about, but there's plenty of so-called "custom" remappers that don't have a clue how to modify the map.

In answer to your question, we can do literally anything you like. Throttle pedal upside down? Go on then.

If you can explain what you mean by "custom" and "generic" then one of us can give you an answer.

As far as I'm concerned "generic" means "badly written", at least that's what I think from reading the forum. People seem to think "generic" means that it was rather badly written in 30 seconds, and is therefore cheap, and there's a lot of that about, but there's plenty of so-called "custom" remappers that don't have a clue how to modify the map.

An interesting interpretation of the terms. In the computing sphere we always took "generic" to mean based on the manufacturers example but not specific to our application; while "custom" meant expensive, and if we were lucky it would actually do what we wanted. How about "bespoke", or "application specific", a couple more terms with wide interpretations?

Our project management came up with slogans like "To Specification, To Budget, To Schedule" - if only they had delivered!

would volunteer mine but our Superb is still out of comission so I don't think I could afford to lose mine for two days. Much as I would love to have it used as a testbed!

Edited by Ross Chapman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my dads just brought a 1.2dsg octy Ben but gotta wait 8-12weeks for delivery

Interesting Trevor.. do you think he'd be interested in letting us work our magic on it?

Interesting Trevor.. do you think he'd be interested in letting us work our magic on it?

Its a shame, i would donate mine in a heart beat :(

In AUS people are stumping up $800 for the map in their polos, no offer of a free map ever happened and they are happy to pay!.

Maybe you should advertise this offer on VW forums too as they also use the same engine and ecu in the polo and golf.

Anychance of a special discount for being the first to buy, of course i would need to wait for the newer STS unit.

There seem to be quite a few people in the Roomster section with these engines and both types of gearbox, aswell as in the Fabia MKII section....direct posts on these sections methinks!! B)

• 3 months later...

The short answer is.. no! The software is written, and waiting for final sign off, we just need the test vehicles.

my dads got his one now Ben, thing is he cant really do without it, if it was just needed to load up the map and then could take away to test it sure i could sort something, do these need the ecu removing or is it obd?

The short answer is.. no! The software is written, and waiting for final sign off, we just need the test vehicles.

It's a shame you are so far away, otherwise I could lend you our DSG Yeti for a few days.

You know i 'could' be the guinea pig.......

I know my local MTM dealer quite well, im sure he would allow me to use his software for a few minutes.

I can send my stock file to you by email then upload your 1st attempt and compare it to my map.

B)

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...