Shark Group Buy - now closed

opentoideas

Disclaimer first!

The buy is not an official BRISKODA organised buy and therefore BRISKODA CANNOT be held responsible for any wrong doing that may occur.

You probably already know who SHARK PERFORMANCE are but click on the name to have a look at their site.

Current pricing is on the website but please CLICK HERE

as standard the nice folks over at Shark give a 10% discount to FREEDOM members on the cost of a STAGE 1 REMAP so if you haven’t already done so – sign up and help contribute to the site! It’s the best £12 you will spend! (oh and will pay for itself on this offer)

they also do a nifty little extra called STS which means that you don’t have to actually visit them to get your car mapped and can revert back to standard any time you want!

So what’s the deal?

NOW CLOSED - ended 5th March 2011

Delivery Timescales

Well the first thing is we need a minimum of 15 people to sign up.

Once we have 15 people then Shark will sell the normally £150 STS box to us for £75 when bought with a map - and also give the 10% discount on the map for Freedom members!

EG. Fabia VRS 2005 130BHP stage 1 to 165BHP

normally £299 + £150 for STS = £449 together

Freedom member gets 10% off the map so £269.10 + £150 = £419.10

Group buy deal would be :

£299 + £75 for STS = £374 together

Freedom member gets 10% off the map so £269.10 + £75 = £344.10

however we don’t want the STS for £75! oh no :rofl:

If we can get 30 people then the STS will be FREE!-when bought with a map B)

Yes that’s correct - FREE!! - you only pay for the map and yes if you are a freedom member you STILL get 10% off the map :o

Closing date for this offer is 1PM 5th March 2011 so this is strictly time limited.

all orders are subject to P+P at £7.99

normal group buy practice applies - if you are not sure and can’t pay by the deadline then please do not put your name down but remember - this is the offer that no-one thought could be repeated! so it’s a very limited time offer and once its closed it is closed

Please spread the word!

The more people the better!!!

tell you friends, tell your neighbours, tell the world! :D I know I want my STS for FREE

seriously though, to be safe we need 32-35 to make sure that even if someone drops out we get the offer - post on any place you think will help B)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already have a map can I get the sts for free! :clap: :peek:

:giggle::rofl: - thought I had already caught that in the first edit :doh:

map must be purchased to qualify for the offer - nice try though :p

if someone for some wierd reason does not want an STS I can speak to Ben about a different discount for the map only - but I cant see why you wouldnt want the STS ;)

let me know if there is anything else I have left unclear on the offer and I will get it sorted :o

Edited by opentoideas

I have started a group buy thread on the GTI forum with dyno graphs and info about his maps and links to here. You might get some more people now.

HERE

You could also try seat cupra net as well, however definitely speak to their mods first as they go on a power trip deleting threads

Edited by janner_Sy

I have started a group buy thread on the GTI forum with dyno graphs and info about his maps and links to here. You might get some more people now.

HERE

You could also try seat cupra net as well, however definitely speak to their mods first as they go on a power trip deleting threads

thanks for that :thumbup:

cracking post!

if anyone is a member at Seat cupra net then could you please try to get this up there?

from my try with the golf site as a new member you will just be ignored - especially as a first post :doh:

understandable but frustrating

I have emailed the administrators at Seat cupra but a PM from an active member would probably get more notice :thumbup:

Edited by opentoideas

ARRGH....I really, REALLY want this but I'm struggling with insurance :( :( :(

Can anyone recommend an insurance company that doesn't charge an arm, leg, kidney and a couple of retinas to insure a remapped vRS? I'm currently paying ~£530 (with eSure) and the best quote I can get so far if I remapped is £1175!!!

I've tried Chris Knott and Adrian Flux - no joy.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company that doesn't charge an arm, leg, kidney and a couple of retinas to insure a remapped vRS? I'm currently paying ~£530 (with eSure) and the best quote I can get so far if I remapped is £1175!!!

Try Sky as well

I have a good quote from them. There was another I was suggested, I think it was Brentacher

Hope that helps

Edited by opentoideas

Good work on the group buy, this sounds great. Just one thing that I need to know before putting my name down, when will the STS units and stage 1 maps be sent(ie. total timeframe)? I realise you may not know this but is it possible to find out? I will need mine to be up and running by the start of April if I am to do this.

If you can find out that would be great :thumbup:

Good work on the group buy, this sounds great. Just one thing that I need to know before putting my name down, when will the STS units and stage 1 maps be sent(ie. total timeframe)? I realise you may not know this but is it possible to find out? I will need mine to be up and running by the start of April if I am to do this.

If you can find out that would be great :thumbup:

Good question, will give Ben a call through the day :thumbup:

try aviva mine went up by £70

Good work on the group buy, this sounds great. Just one thing that I need to know before putting my name down, when will the STS units and stage 1 maps be sent(ie. total timeframe)?

OK I have Spoken to Ben and here's the plan

Group buy closes on 5th March

the units will then be ordered however NOT UNTIL EVERYONE HAS PAID!! :p

looking at a maximum of 2-3 weeks from this point to delivery.

the key point here is having all of the payments made and any stragglers will delay delivery for all of us.

after the last buy I would like to try and keep things up to date on here so will keep in contact with Ben and keep the thread up to date with progress reports.

i.e. once all payments are in and the boxes are on order. expected delivery dates and dispatch dates etc.

so a conservative estimate would be the week commencing 28th March but that "Might" be improved if all payments are made promptly.

it will really be up to us :giggle:

Hope that helps everyone to understand the time frame involved in this.

Presumably after this time we would then need to upload our stock maps to the STS and e-mail these to Ben for remapping as per the previous group buy. We'd then have to wait for the remap to be e-mailed back at which point it can then be loaded. Unfortunately this sounds very tight for me, I've got something planned for the start of April and will need the remap on the car by then. I'll have a serious think and let you know.

Presumably after this time we would then need to upload our stock maps to the STS and e-mail these to Ben for remapping as per the previous group buy. We'd then have to wait for the remap to be e-mailed back at which point it can then be loaded. Unfortunately this sounds very tight for me, I've got something planned for the start of April and will need the remap on the car by then. I'll have a serious think and let you know.

exactly right.

the normal turnaround for this is 24hrs (or less from most accounts) but with a group buy it is sensible to expect it to take a bit longer as they will be hit with lots of maps to do all at once.

I have estimated w/c 28th but there is a bit of leeway in that for late payers and Ben thinks he will get the boxes earlier BUT I would rather give a timescale that was safe rather than have people dissapointed.

I feel for you, difficult choice :S - but you know you want a Shark map :D

Did Ben give any indication of what he would the STS for if you already have a Shark map???

hmmm, not a scenario even considered :o

fancy a stage 2? :rofl:

seriously though - not a clue on this one. I cant see him being able to do much as he has to make money on the sale.

might be an idea to wait a bit and see what sort of numbers we can get for the group buy then ask towards the end.

how does that sound?

hmmm, not a scenario even considered :o

fancy a stage 2? :rofl:

seriously though - not a clue on this one. I cant see him being able to do much as he has to make money on the sale.

might be an idea to wait a bit and see what sort of numbers we can get for the group buy then ask towards the end.

how does that sound?

Sounds good to me

If we can get to the free STS then what the hell I'm in.

Can anyone recommend some good insurance companies? I'm with Direct Line at the moment and its a good price I pay but I'm sure they'll laugh me out for a remap or want ferrari money :)

And what is Freedom membership, I surf this forum a lot and have heard of it a few times but not sure what it is, I like the idea of saving another 10%

1. Opentoideas - PD100 Fabia

2. Jon.Etheridge - Mk1 Octavia vRS 1.8t - Map + STS

3. Kris M - PD100 Fabia - Map + STS

4. robert_waite - Octavia 2.0 tfsi + STS

5. Willcox - Fabia vRS PD130 - Map + STS

6. BishBashBosh - Octavia 2.0 TFSI - Map + STS

7. Crayon_UK - Mk1 Oct VRS 1.8T - Map + STS

Edited by Crayon_UK

If we can get to the free STS then what the hell I'm in.

Can anyone recommend some good insurance companies? I'm with Direct Line at the moment and its a good price I pay but I'm sure they'll laugh me out for a remap or want ferrari money :)

And what is Freedom membership, I surf this forum a lot and have heard of it a few times but not sure what it is, I like the idea of saving another 10%

thats the plan :rofl:

just need the numbers :thumbup:

for freedom - click on it in the first post - its linked to the relevant pages.

£12 to the site for a years sub will give you 10% on the map cost (and other benefits with many site sponsors) B) and you get to feel all warm inside that you help support this site ;)

me too on direct line and yup laugh then you cry - wont even consider more than 25% power increace but the bonus is if you pay direct debit then theres a £25 "admin fee" to leave but you just pay your installment to the end date you choose - no other penalty

tried the RARB and they want £80 for the last 3 months :rofl: so thats waiting for the insurance swap too.

worth the £25 to swap. site sponsors are a good place to start - the quotes I had were comparable to a standard car currently for me so no real difference with having the map.

Brentacher was another company that was suggested to me when I asked but I have not had a quote from them yet.

Edited by opentoideas