Anyone used Skoda Store?

Pugger

I'm still collecting quotes on a new Yeti 170 Elegance and I've come across SkodaStore. They quoted a very nice price (not lowest but very competitive) and the email made clear if you were interetsed in PART EX anf Finance etc they would put you in touch with the dealer. Sure enough a day later I had a call from a Skoda dealer confirming the price and finance part ex etc. I asked where he was located and he freely told me Mansfield and the dealship was Rainworth, I think. How is Skoda-Store making any money on this? Most of these broker types sites set a finders fee and add it to the cost, theres nothing like that with Skoda-store they put me stright on to the dealer.

Edited by Pugger

Drivethedeal works the same way. Behind the scenes when you place your order the dealer pays SkodaStore £300 or whatever their agreement is. Nothing sinister or abnormal in that.

I had an online quote from Skoda-store and the follow up call was from Rainworth, my assumption is that Skoda-store and Rainworth are one and the same.

Anyway I did place my order with Rainworth and got a good deal and great service, although I am 200 miles from Mansfield that was no problem and my SM was delivered on a trailer in A1 condition - one very happy customer.

John

Evening,

I used Skoda Store and Rainworth - brilliant service, can't fault them.

I'd recommend (and have done) both to family and friends. We drove up (90 minute each way) and spoke to the dealer (I'm old fashioned like that), bought the car using Skoda finance. I benchmarked my three local dealers and saved £1,800 using Skoda Store/Rainworth. Their customer service makes my local dealers look like friendly amateurs.

They will be my first port of call when the car is due for replacement.

Edited by HKPhooey

Used Rainworth for servicing when I lived in Lincolnshire; got fed up with the indifferent service on offer from Hortons at that time (service manager didn't believe cars had problems just their owners :S ). Never bought a car from them myself, although my dad got his second Superb from there (ex demo). Under the impression they have a reasonable reputation for providing good deals to their customers but every time I've ordered a new car of recent I've forgotten to give them a call.

TP

I looked at Skoda Store when I bought my SM they seemed very friendly and were willing to do a part ex deal . I went with DtD in the end but can't remember what clinched the deal.

I would just confirm that you will be registered as the first owner and that they do not hold onto the V5, some companies do.

I looked at Skoda Store when I bought my SM they seemed very friendly and were willing to do a part ex deal . I went with DtD in the end but can't remember what clinched the deal.

I would just confirm that you will be registered as the first owner and that they do not hold onto the V5, some companies do.

I can confirm that they don't hold onto the V5. After the initial quote from Skoda Store you're buying the car directly from the dealer as you normally would.

The part exchange value they offered us also matched one from a local dealer when we were looking.

Thanks for all the replies. I have to take this quote seriously they are offering the 170 Elegance for between £1,000 and £1600 cheaper than local dealers. For that type of money a trip to Rainworth from Cardiff is meaningless.