Electric windows

I went to wined down my window and used the far right one (which does driver window) but my passenger one went down instead... Then I used the one closest to me and mine went down. They had switched around.

Is this a common fault? Its switched back again now, just not sure what's caused it and if it could happen again.

Ah the old Skoda magic window trick :rofl: Quite common, car thinks it's left hand drive for a while, fairly common, just ignore it. :yes:

Just pretend it's running Microsoft windows. ;)

Edited by MoggyTech

I went to wined down my window and used the far right one (which does driver window) but my passenger one went down instead... Then I used the one closest to me and mine went down. They had switched around.

Is this a common fault? Its switched back again now, just not sure what's caused it and if it could happen again.

Mine done this on Saturday, done it a few times then went back too normal

Had this happen a few times. It's usually caused by the battery on the way out and the voltage dropping when the car is started (that's what caused mine).

A really easy fix though.

Just put the key in the door and open the door but hold the key in the open position. The windows will roll down. Hold the key until they are all the way down.

Now hold the key in the close position until the windows fully roll up.

This resets the window switches to operate the normal way round.

I was told this by by local ex-skoda technician.

Edited by Shadowphax