boost gauge

im thinking of running a boost gauge in my car,

ive been offered one from a mate but im wondering what do i need other then the gauge and pod.

im not after a gauge that lights up etc just a nice standard one.

where has people thats got one put it in the car?

and any suggestions on gauges if my mates one is no good

either steering cowling, between your speedo/rev counter in a pod, or a pillar in a pod or in your spare din slot below/above the stereo

I've seen pictures of it being on the steering colum and it's not for me,

I'm liking the idea of maybe putting it in the righthand corner of the dash on a stand.

I need to see what I'm going to need for plumbing in etc

I've seen pictures of it being on the steering colum and it's not for me,

I'm liking the idea of maybe putting it in the righthand corner of the dash on a stand.

I need to see what I'm going to need for plumbing in etc

That's the best place mate. I was running mine pikey style there for a few days when my car kept going into limp mode B)

The right hand side vent pod is a neat solution, but pricey - about £65 IIRC for the pod, then you've got the other costs on top of that (plus you lose about 80% of your demisting ability on the drivers window!).

I have mine in the DIN slot, although I've yet to fit a fascia to it so it looks a bit rough and ready. I'm not keen on the steering column ones either - fine for a track where only select bits of the instrument cluster are relevant, but for normal use it gets in the way of the display between the clocks etc.

A-pillar pods are the other idea, but I always think they give a slightly too obvious clue to possible changes to the car. :giggle:

The right hand side vent pod is a neat solution, but pricey - about £65 IIRC for the pod, then you've got the other costs on top of that (plus you lose about 80% of your demisting ability on the drivers window!).

I have mine in the DIN slot, although I've yet to fit a fascia to it so it looks a bit rough and ready. I'm not keen on the steering column ones either - fine for a track where only select bits of the instrument cluster are relevant, but for normal use it gets in the way of the display between the clocks etc.

A-pillar pods are the other idea, but I always think they give a slightly too obvious clue to possible changes to the car. :giggle:

+1,

Allthough ive got 3 gauges in my spare dinn slot.

Theta a great mod to the a pillar.

How dis u find routing the hose etc from this point?

Where did u go through the bulk head

routed pipe down to the pasenger side behind centre consule and went through bulkhead from behind the glovebox. There is a gromit there. The pipe then comes out in the corner of the inner wing. :thumbup:

Not really that noticable from outside the car unless you are really looking is it. :rofl:

I have got mine mounted in the passenger side centre air vent, next to the hazard switch. Looks Ok, but I have now got a 3 guage pod mount that I think was for an audi rs4 that fits in to a stereo din sized slot.

Edited by jenson10

i pick up my boost gauge off my mate this evening,its just a standard auto gauge but in a pod that sticks to the dash,i will probably place it on the base of the a pillar in the corner.

i will connect the wires up to the dimmer switch and have it illuminated at night but off during the day.

ive been reading about routing the hose into the engine bay which is fine and straight forward to do but its connecting it up in the engine bay.

i have read to cut the fpr hose and add a t piece to it and run the hose from there.but i have also read and been told by a good mechanic friend that this isnt ideal and the easiest and stright forward way is to connect it into the dv vacum hose.

i prefer the dv vacum hose idea personally so will look at doing this very soon.