march yorkshire meet pics thread

vrsadz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I not get a picture of your car at the meet?

Or maybe I walked past because it looked the same as every other white facelift vRS on the road :dull:

As said above, Harry's car may not have been looking it's best in the rear sill department on the day, but his car is the mutt's nuts, and if you heard the sound...........

Maybe Harry can post a pic up of his rear tailpipes when it's looking it's best, then you might change your tune

the sound is fantastic, I LOVED the popping on overrun :thumbup:

Cheers for the pic of mine Brimma! Didn't think anyone would bother... I wouldn't have! lol

Was a good meet... another vote for Dave the dog!

Phil

Having picked up ideas from you guys I've been doing a little bit of tarting up. I decided against the Skoda flaps as the front ones, at least, didn't seem to be big enough to serve their purpose. Went for Rallyflapz instead. A bit worried that they are OTT,especially rear, but I copied Duncan's decal idea and stuck surplus caliper stickers to them. Also stuck surplus caliper stickers to side rubbing strip (I think Chris had done that, as well as the caliper stickers themselves) A bit stickered out now, especially with the Briskoda ones just arrived. OTT?

:think:

forumrearflap.jpg

forumfrontflap.jpg

forumcaliper.jpg

I wouldn't have bothered with the rubbing strip stickers except that the caliper pack came 6 large and 6 small stickers so I needed to put them somewhere!

I got them from ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SKODA-VRS-Brake-Caliper-Calliper-Decals-Stickers-/380327215522?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item588d44c1a2

The stickers that came with the Rallyflapz are horrible and so I wouldn't have had any on flaps were it not for caliper spares.

Having picked up ideas from you guys I've been doing a little bit of tarting up. I decided against the Skoda flaps as the front ones, at least, didn't seem to be big enough to serve their purpose. Went for Rallyflapz instead. A bit worried that they are OTT,especially rear, but I copied Duncan's decal idea and stuck surplus caliper stickers to them. Also stuck surplus caliper stickers to side rubbing strip (I think Chris had done that, as well as the caliper stickers themselves) A bit stickered out now, especially with the Briskoda ones just arrived. OTT?

:think:

Looks fantastic :thumbup: very nice

Had a little play around with some selective colouring of my images this morning.....

5546117405_c10ac50d52_b.jpg

Race Blue by WaveyDavey13, on Flickr

5546117407_a0ef24ab9f_b.jpg

Rallye Green by WaveyDavey13, on Flickr

5546117411_1f4046015d_b.jpg

vRS Badge by WaveyDavey13, on Flickr

5546117417_c5f8e6d367_b.jpg

vRS Red by WaveyDavey13, on Flickr

Cheers

Dave.

They look brill, what program are you using? And how do you do the HDR type images....if thats what its called?

Lee.

They look brill, what program are you using? And how do you do the HDR type images....if thats what its called?

Lee.

It's called titii - you can get it on a free download

Cheeky Boy! :rofl:

It might even be called Tintii and is available from here!

What's a missing 'n' between friends - these wireless keyboards are So Hugely Indifferent To Effort

Lee.

It's called titii - you can get it on a free download

Cheeky Boy! :rofl:

It might even be called Tintii and is available from here!

Thanks... They are selective colour images rather than HDR.

I'm afraid Bryan and John are both wrong though. emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

I have used Tintii in the past but these were done using Photoshop CS5 and a new Photoshop filter plug-in i have "acquired" called "Vertus Fluid Mask 3".(http://www.vertustech.com/fluidMask/overview.html)

It allows you to select certain parts of an image in a lot of detail and mask everything else off to become either a certain colour, or as in this case, transparent. So in these images i selected everything that wasn't the car's body colour including windscreens and windows of the car so all that was left in that copy of the image was a cut-out of the car's body and nothing else. I then got another copy of the image and converted it to greyscale before changing it's mode back to RGB, (So as to be able to paste a colour layer onto it), and then copy and pasted the masked off image on top of the greyscale image to create the selective colour image. The third image was the same method but i masked off everything in the image except the vRS badge on the grille.

I find this new method gives a lot better results than the Tintii method although this filter has a price of $149 and Tintii is a great program that costs nothing. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

In the first image the car on the right is also a race blue vRS so this method made the selective colouring a lot easier as Tintii would have also coloured that car as well and i would have then had to mask off the middle car separately by hand before creating the final image.

Cheers

Dave.

Edited by WaveyDavey