Vrs fitting rear headrest screens

Well i attacked my car and got around to fitting my rear screens. Shooting myself now for not going for the slim line Veba's but the Necvox's were just too cheap to miss out on. It was a little fiddly as first, the screen boxes are so deep on the Necvox's so a bit of jiggery pokery and packing out was needed but they look fine now, secondly, they older style screens don't have the 12/14mm post cable plugs and i wasn't going to cable tie them up or anything silly so out came the cutters and i re soldered at the bottom of the seat. Any how they are all working fine with the dual zone option on my HU and my children are very happy so i do believe it's mission accomplished B):D

post-10388-0-56850400-1300924504_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-25176800-1300924505_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-45018700-1300924506_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-30927100-1300924507_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-46661300-1300924508_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-00887000-1300924510_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-55606500-1300924511_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-70638000-1300924512_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-79484900-1300924513_thumb.jpgpost-10388-0-91232800-1300924514_thumb.jpg

That looks great!

The screen looks to be angled up quite a bit (shape of the headrest) is that right or just the way you took the photo?

I did some research on this last year but decided in the end for some a cheap and cheerful 100 quid amazon screen with a mount that fits to the headrest posts. We also have an ipad now so that goes on the other side hanging in a leather case over the headrest. Nowhere near as neat as your solution but i didn't trust myself cutting up my headrests..!

:)

It was just the way I took the photo, I had to tilt the headrest forward to stop the glare of the flash. Needing to source a few extra bits and bobs now to finish my project. The little ones are very happy though and oh so quiet!!

Looks really good............so what have you got the monitors connected to in terms of source?

Cheers, at the mo they are both hooked up to my HU. It features dual zone capabilities so all is good there. I'm doing the sums at the moment to see if I can fit a slim PS 2 into the rear arm rest as my eldest is 14 he doesn't always want to watch fireman Sam!! I only want to use it for the DVD player and I like the fact it can be used at any angle. Watch this space as I've got the bug now :)

where did you get the screens from?

Its just that the Vebas are cheaper than necvox on ebay

Yeah and tbh the Veba's are the better option but I got the two Necvox's for well under a ton. The Veba's are a lot easier to fit too!

They are ok but they they tend to squeak and rattle around a bit and they are quite loose fitting. Also the look is never quite there. When i do the rest of my install i'm going to trim it all in the same vinyl, sorry leather :giggle: , and run all the double stitching through it too to have all in 'keeping'.

Thats pretty damn good, i was thinking of trying to do this but i would most certainly be trying it with a spare set of headrests. Just in case!

Post them down and i'll pop them in for you if you like. There are plenty of places that will fit the screens in the headrests if thats the bit that concerns you.