2.0TFSI MPG

Long to medium motorway journeys - i average 35-37mpg; with the economy drive best of 40mpg.

Around town and short journeys i dip into the 26-28mpg zone.

Cant complain though - i always have a smile on my face with this great engine! :):thumbup:

Long to medium motorway journeys - i average 35-37mpg; with the economy drive best of 40mpg.

Around town and short journeys i dip into the 26-28mpg zone.

Cant complain though - i always have a smile on my face with this great engine! :):thumbup:

I have the same can beat 40mpg though on long trips

Running a stage 2 revo with other fairly big mods i am in the middle twenties around town and on a run i can get 34-36 mpg, If i stand on the loud pedal for any length of time i only get low teens (very low teens) lol

Pretty new to the Octavia vRS, but my main question is what are you fellow TFSI owners getting?

I cant seem to top 29mpg average, no matter how slow I go :(

What did I put in my reply when you posted up about swapping from the Fab? ;)

Urban and short journeys I used to get 28-30. As said before, I topped mine out at 38mpg over a few hours, at 70-75 on the mway. I usually stuck at 80 on cruise though, and got 32-34.

What did I put in my reply when you posted up about swapping from the Fab? ;)

Urban and short journeys I used to get 28-30. As said before, I topped mine out at 38mpg over a few hours, at 70-75 on the mway. I usually stuck at 80 on cruise though, and got 32-34.

LOL I knowww I knowww....just wondering, being as parkers reckon combined is 37ish...so was making sure im not running rich, or running poor in the case of my wallet lol.

Well fair enough i feel better now...remap after the summer holdiday methinks.

LOL I knowww I knowww....just wondering, being as parkers reckon combined is 37ish...so was making sure im not running rich, or running poor in the case of my wallet lol.

What kinds of journeys are you doing anyway?

And fuel? Should get a couple of mpg better using 98ron, cost you more at the pump though ofc.

Does a remap affect the warranty?

Yeh, most deffinately, mines out of Manf warranty though, although ive got an RAC one...tbh though, remove the map and you remove the evidence :)

What kinds of journeys are you doing anyway?

And fuel? Should get a couple of mpg better using 98ron, cost you more at the pump though ofc.

Commuting about 15 miles to work daily round trip and then about 10 mile round trip to the gym n back daily...occasional additional work milage to bradford but generally speaking thats about it.

Coming from a Fabia vRS to the petrol Octy vRS its a little weird at first and I was wondering, the delivery is completely different, however when I test drove a Subaru STi the pull from low down was similar to the fab, does a remap on the octy make it feel similar? or is it still smooth and progressive?

Edited by VRSDanny

Commuting about 15 miles to work daily round trip and then about 10 mile round trip to the gym n back daily...occasional additional work milage to bradford but generally speaking thats about it.

That'll be it then, lots of short 5-7mile journeys, you'll never see good economy with those as the car will spend most of each journey just getting up to temp. Simple as that.

That'll be it then, lots of short 5-7mile journeys, you'll never see good economy with those as the car will spend most of each journey just getting up to temp. Simple as that.

fair enough i spose...

Just console yourself with the fact you have a nice short journey to work, and don't have to drive the kinds of distances that would get you a decent mpg. :)

lol i spose ill just have to find some lighter feet i guess...featherweight!

anyone know a good place to get the columbus system or is it a main deal jobby?

15 mile trip to work today on single carriageway 'A' road with a couple of pokes to overtake = 39.1mpg

If I can keep it at 70 on the motorway normally it'll do 35mpg.

Bad mood, want home in a hurry 27mpg.

TBH long term average is about 33 and going up with temperatures right now.

Start stop short journeys if I have to do them will see 17mpg quite often.

Are you using super unleaded? Not everyone agrees but I find I get 2-3mpg more with it. Vpower especially.

Short trips in traffic gives about 19 mpg ave, country A roads and motorways can get 39-40 mpg , general average is mid twenties... no point in owning the Vrs version if you never have a bit of fun and put your foot down though...

Short trips in traffic gives about 19 mpg ave, country A roads and motorways can get 39-40 mpg , general average is mid twenties... no point in owning the Vrs version if you never have a bit of fun and put your foot down though...

my problem is im addicted to fun...ha

It's all about the roads you drive and your right foot, but everyone knows that - it's how much self control you have that counts! ;)

I live in rurual Scotland with quiet, flowing roads and that makes a huge difference. Any city driving mauls my mpg. I have to say I am astonished at the 2.0TSi engine's ability to do either performance or economy. Brim-brim on 350miles of steady A-road driving (56-60mph) with my mother in the passenger seat (a great restraining influence!) I had a smidge over 45mpg. Normal running around with occasional moments of madness I consistantly get 37-38mpg. City driving is more around the 30mpg and below mark.

Lots and lots of sub-2mile journeys: 19mpg.

Long m'way trip, steady 70mph: 37-38mpg.

Everything else, somewhere inbetween.

Exactly the same here, with Stage 1 Revo.

All good fun. The acceleration/performance/exhaust note is addictive, I'll give you that! Especially after a diesel ;)

My figures were all brim-to-brim by the way, not trip comp as that's often inaccurate. And running V-Power. Economy on a run improved slightly with a Stage-1, but strangely decreased when pressing on?? :p

Oh, and ignore Parkers! For everything. Those figures are for the newer TSI unit, which is a bit more efficient. Pretty sure the official combined figure for the TFSi was 35.3.

Steve

Oh, and ignore Parkers! For everything. Those figures are for the newer TSI unit, which is a bit more efficient. Pretty sure the official combined figure for the TFSi was 35.3.

Steve

Nope it was 37mpg. I can remember it. Still sod all chance of averaging that like every other mpg figure.

Pretty sure it wasn't for the TFSi. As the TSI combined figure is 37.7 mpg, and that's around 2mpg more efficient....

But either way, it's a bit of a 'pie in the sky' figure :)

I get 27ish normally on mine, but only have a short motorway hop to work and back.

If I do a long run I get over 35.

I find cruising at 90 is more efficient than 80....weird! (obviously on a private road ;) )

Everyday Journey of 14 miles on mainly dual carriageways with about 5 miles on Urban roads: 31mpg

A trip from Brum to Wigan and back with cruise on most the way 85mph: 41mpg

You can't complain at those figures for the type of car it is, especially when you compare them against a Focus ST or similar.