Own a vRS? Please help!

Hi all,

I was told the other day that all four alloy wheels on my Limited Edition are buckled :'( Please can all vRS owners fill in my short survey about their alloys?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YRXF622

I want to see if there are any trends in buckling of wheels fitted to the vRS. Please fill it in even if you haven't had problems.

Thanks for any help with this,

Dan

Hi all,

I was told the other day that all four alloy wheels on my Limited Edition are buckled emoticon-0106-crying.gif Please can all vRS owners fill in my short survey about their alloys?

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YRXF622

I want to see if there are any trends in buckling of wheels fitted to the vRS. Please fill it in even if you haven't had problems.

Thanks for any help with this,

Dan

Thinking about question number 4.

4. If so, in your opinion was this due to road conditions or the driver of the car at the time?

t.gifIf so, in your opinion was this due to road conditions or the driver of the car at the time? Yest.gifNo

Here you are asking 2 questions and only giving the opportunity to answer 1.

You must ask 2 separate questions to get all the information required.

The question as it stands is unanswerable.

Hi Bogwoppit,

I wanted to get the interest of non-LE vRS owners hence the new thread.

Cheers,

Dan

The design of the standard vRS wheels appears to be much more sturdy than the LE's, so I doubt you'll get too many responses on that.

I absolutely wellied a deep pothole last month, completely knackered the tyre, the wheel didn't have a mark on it.

Thinking about question number 4.

4. If so, in your opinion was this due to road conditions or the driver of the car at the time?

t.gifIf so, in your opinion was this due to road conditions or the driver of the car at the time? Yest.gifNo

Here you are asking 2 questions and only giving the opportunity to answer 1.

You must ask 2 separate questions to get all the information required.

The question as it stands is unanswerable.

Also this question is mandatory even if you've replied you haven't had a buckled wheel, there should also be a N/A option for those who have answered no to the previous question.

John

Thanks everyone for their responses so far. Please keep them coming so that I can present a larger sample to Skoda UK.

John, question 4 is now not required. I have left the wording as it is however, don't want to change it now I've started the survey.

Please spread the word if you can.

Dan

My car is a FL with 18" Neptunes and have had no problems. This includes hitting a pothole very hard indeed so much so that I felt sure something must have broken Tyre/wheel/suspension. The wheel was unmarked

Thanks everyone for their responses so far. Please keep them coming so that I can present a larger sample to Skoda UK.

John, question 4 is now not required. I have left the wording as it is however, don't want to change it now I've started the survey.

Please spread the word if you can.

Dan

Thanks, that fix works fine for me so I've filled the survey in.

Thanks John and everyone else who's filled in the survey. I've had 33 responses at the minute. If I could get to 50 or over I think the figures would start to carry some weight with Skoda UK.

If you have yet to fill out the survey, it will only take a couple of minutes. I'd be very grateful if you could please.

Thanks,

Dan

Just filled it in as today my dealer reported both fronts on my LE being "slightly buckled". I certainly haven't hit any potholes and the wheels don't have a mark on them.

If you're trying to identify which alloys are substandard, you need to show how questions 1 & 2 were answered for those who answered yes to question 3.

Surely Skoda can go back to the manufacturer (Team Dynamics)?

We've hit the magic 50 responses mark, and passed it! Thank you all very much for your time and for completing the survey.

The responses indicate there are very few issues with the Zenith or Neptune designs of alloys. The majority of Limited Edition owners have had at least one buckled alloy.

The results, apart from full names, should be public if anyone wishes to use them. I plan to use them to support a case against Skoda UK to investigate the issues with the Limited Edition alloys.

Thanks again everyone - any more responses welcome,

Dan

• 1 month later...

We've hit the magic 50 responses mark, and passed it! Thank you all very much for your time and for completing the survey.

The responses indicate there are very few issues with the Zenith or Neptune designs of alloys. The majority of Limited Edition owners have had at least one buckled alloy.

The results, apart from full names, should be public if anyone wishes to use them. I plan to use them to support a case against Skoda UK to investigate the issues with the Limited Edition alloys.

Thanks again everyone - any more responses welcome,

Dan

Nicely done. Amazing to think how many times in the past vendors could have got away with the line "Never heard of a problem like that".

• 2 months later...

Hi all, had my car serviced at my local Skoda dealer yesterday, I now have 3 bent LE wheels, I have filled out the survey above and registered a complaint on Watchdog..

Lets hope we get somewhere ! :'(