coil pack

My car was running like a bag of spanners on Saturday, luckily have a mate who is a mechanic for vw ,who confirmed to me it was the coil packs that had gone 1and 4 and he had a couple of old ones which were a bit short but got me to the dealer where he works. anyway vw had a recall on these coil packs, so he rang skoda they have had one too. they only got the info on this Friday 8th April. So if you have a vrs m2 2.0 t fsi then you can have ALL 4 fitted for free, this is not a warranty issue it is a recall, so will be done if yours like mine is out of warranty period, now all we need is for them to do the same for the Teeves 60 ABS! emoticon-0148-yes.gif 28 F7 is the recall campaign ( or service bulletin as they like to call it! ) Cheers Alan

He is just trying to wind me up because it is mapped, my mate the mechanic says very very rarely do they have problems with these engine , once in a blue moon , injectors go, mainly if there is a problem it is the coil packs, so much so now the recall. Glad they did it the day before mine went :thumbup:

I'd heard about this coil pack recall from the Golf V GTI forum, so emailed my supplying dealer dealer and got this response:

I have checked your vehicles chassis number for outstanding campaigns and there is one outstanding for your vehicle to replace the ignition coils. I am in the process of ordering these for you and will let you know as soon as they are in stock.

I think it only applies to earlier (pre 2008) TFSI engined cars (mines a late 2006), but got to be worth a go.

I have just phoned Horton Skoda and mine is under the recall. Booked in on Friday to have them checked. He said that they check them first and they change them only if they need replacing.

The recall overs 1.8T, 2.0 FSI and 2.0 TFSI engines.

However the recall is to check what suffix coil packs are fitted and replace if required. If it's already had new ones fitted in the past they will not be changed.

Does this affect my 2008(58)plate vrs? or the older ones? will the dealer contact me or will it be checked when it goes in for a service?

The recall overs 1.8T, 2.0 FSI and 2.0 TFSI engines.

However the recall is to check what suffix coil packs are fitted and replace if required. If it's already had new ones fitted in the past they will not be changed.

Mine still has the original 'A' revision coilpacks dated 2006. I would presume on that basis that mine should be changed?

car back now and running sweet, if you are still getting it main dealer serviced they will let you know, if not you need to ring them , either way they will be replaced if effected.They replaced all 4 of mine, my mate was a bit busy at work today but will send me details of what engine codes are effected. Skoda did not give me a printout or invoice as I am not the customer, ( skoda gb are, as they are paying) but they did say they will forward a copy on to me. Either way will get to know :thumbup:

Hi, did it kick up warning light when it started running bad?

My 56 plate put the engine light on last night :( , handbook says emmisions, but if a coil has started to play up I guess that will screw up the emissions as unburnt fuel will go into the exhaust.

Seems to run reasonably smooth, no obvious misfire or anything, but I think its gone into limp mode as its lacking power

Getting the code read today.

Will also ring local dealer to check on this recall, would be handy if it is a coil pack and not something else.

Fingers crossed it not anything to expensive.

Will need to phone, I've an 2007 (07) TFSI. Car going fine though.

I'd be quite please to get a new set of coils on the car for nowt :thumbup:

Soon as I started it it was misfiring , went for about 1 mile then engine light was flashing for about a minute, then stayed on permanently :thumbup:

Is there any offical notice with the details of this recall? Just rang my local dealers and they haven't heard anything from Skoda.

See my earlier post.

I think the dealer will input your chassis number into a centralised system that should flag up any recalls (or outstanding campaigns as they called it) that effect your car.

Hope that helps

My 56 plate put the engine light on last night :( , handbook says emmisions, but if a coil has started to play up I guess that will screw up the emissions as unburnt fuel will go into the exhaust.

Seems to run reasonably smooth, no obvious misfire or anything, but I think its gone into limp mode as its lacking power

Getting the code read today.

Will also ring local dealer to check on this recall, would be handy if it is a coil pack and not something else.

Fingers crossed it not anything to expensive.

Fault code on mine, is P0642 see seperate thread. :thumbdown:

Checked with dealer on the coil pack and they knew of the problem, but advise me mine is unaffected. :thumbup:

cheers