That's strange, just found these in my room

OctyNik

just got home and found these in my room, dunno what to do with them, there's four or them, four springs and these odd screwy turny things, that spin round on these big rods kind of like the ones that hold the boot up, but more heavy duty :S

03052011272.jpg

In all seriousness, they're my new v-maxx coilovers! Ordered them from Damian @ DPM on Friday (the day after thursday, gotta get ready for the weekend, weekend)

although I don't think the current ride height is too bad, is it? :D

02052011269.jpg

Thanks!

ps, they don't have helper springs, is that normal? never had coilovers before like these ones so not sure

hey Nik,

coooo, Im still torn between springs for new VRS or coilovers, want to go lowish, but want to keep the ride as it is!

Daz, how are you finding the TFSI over the torquey but venerable iron horse that was the PD?

I find that although coilovers are slightly stiffer the ride control is better and gets the bump over and done with better. I hate the bouncyness you get with spring shock kits.

I was told that the V Maxx kit is slightly more comfortable so I'll report back to you mate, and let you know how I'm getting on! Your vRS would well suit a low ride IMO!

Only the more expensive coil-over kits have "helper" or "tender" springs!!! :S

Tender spring systems are the best as they have a full effect on the suspension.

Helper springs just stop the main spring dislocating from its seats during max damper extension!!