My First Yeti Grumble

redandwhitepauly

I dont know if I am missing the point, but I am a bit peeved at the way the rear centre armrest is exposed to the contents of the boot. I ordered what I thought was going to be the solution ie a boot cover which hooks onto the seat headrests but what a flimsy pile of poo that is and it doesnt do what I wanted it to and provide a barrier between the rear seats and the centre armrest, and the boot contents.

Now without too much effort I have a grubby leather armrest in the rear seats, and am very angry about it. Any of you experts know of something I am missing as it seems ludicrous to pay all that money for nice leather seats to have part of it ruined by a very poorly designed boot section ??

Yours GRUMPILY,

:wonder:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Known issue, I believe another Yeti owner on this forum made up a piece of material with velcro down the sides to 'bridge' the gap and so cover the armrests from the boot contents when the middle seat is folded up.

I had this as well when taking some junk to our local tip. I now keep an old blanket which I can drape over the seats. Nowhere nwar ideal, but stops them getting dirty.

Andy

Judging by your replies chaps its a load of pants isnt it. What a basic crap design flaw, which I wouldnt mind if they had an accessory you could buy that fits across the back of boot or pulls down fully so it stops the leather from being damaged.

Cmon Skoda got to do better than this if you going to get me to rebuy because I am one angry puppy at the moment.

:punch:

Well for goodness sake you dont expect to pay top whack for a car with nice leather and find that there is a great big grubby section in the middle of your rear seats because it has been booted !!!

Its just not acceptable. Even worse tried complaining to Skoda UK Customer Services and my nicely long winded complaint was lost as the bleedin website crashed before I could send it.

Not a happy Skoda person at the moment I can tell you !!!!!!!!

I was planning to (beacause I still have not even got a build date for my order) leave the middle seat down as an armrest, always. Does it still get dirty like that?

I was planning to (beacause I still have not even got a build date for my order) leave the middle seat down as an armrest, always. Does it still get dirty like that?

No but you will then have a problem of having potentially grubby bits of boot contents coming through the gap left by the armrest. It needs a barrier of some kind and thats that !

Whilst talking about arm rests....am I the only one who lifts up the front armrest when driving (it's an SE)in order to have unfettered access to the handbrake? I can get to the handbrake with it down but only by a somewhat awkward tilt of the wrist whilst rubbing the front edge of the armrest.

Never seen it a problem myself, just excepted it as part of the design; personally I would find more permanent barriers etc. a hindrance.

To add a bit of protection I've fitted the rap round parcel shelf net system and using the inbuilt tension to secure a black travel blanket behind the seat and behind that I have the long net stung across the boot. Works a treat for my needs.

TP

Whilst talking about arm rests....am I the only one who lifts up the front armrest when driving (it's an SE)in order to have unfettered access to the handbrake? I can get to the handbrake with it down but only by a somewhat awkward tilt of the wrist whilst rubbing the front edge of the armrest.

Hi

i take it you have the armrest pushed right back, if i use mine on long trips i find the handbrake is restricted but just slide it back to use the handbrake then slide it out to rest my arm on again.

Hi

i take it you have the armrest pushed right back, if i use mine on long trips I find the handbrake is restricted but just slide it back to use the handbrake then slide it out to rest my arm on again.

It is slid back, yes. And the height adjustment doesn't improve things. It's, perhaps, to do with the fact that I have the seat fully back and fully high up due to longish arms and legs. Not a problem, but just seems a bit odd.

TBH, I can't see how anyone would or could use the armrest whilst driving if they going to keep both hands on the wheel....for me if I use the armrest my hand's miles away from the wheel.

Lovely comfortable seats though!

Don't have the exact problem described by the OP as they're cloth and maybe a bit more durable?

No but you will then have a problem of having potentially grubby bits of boot contents coming through the gap left by the armrest. It needs a barrier of some kind and thats that !

It should be like most other cars I've had. The arm rest folds out of the seat, it's not the whole seat.

That way there is a back piece to block the hole to the boot that can also be folded down for when the seats are folded or you want to access the boot.

It is a bit silly when they do a beige leather trim.

Design suggestion for the Yeti mkII maybe? ;)

My middle seat is indoors. I just have a little gap either side of both seats now.......no leather to get dirty though.

I think that one is down to your height/reach and seating position. Personally I've got no problem (though interestingly I did struggle with the armrest/handbrake on an Audi A4 I used to own). My wife has the same complaint as you with the Yeti though. I guess it's the problem of any 'one size fits all' car - you won't please all of the people all of the time.

Careful now- dont want to get thrown of the Yeti forum for criticism now, do we?:giggle:

The Yeti is a brilliant all round car, as all of us on here know. However, even we Yeti lovers will admit that not everything is perfect, and there are improvements we would like. I rarely carry back seat passengers, and have no real need to ever fold down the rear armrest, so it doesn't bother me; but I did think it was a slightly cheapskate piece of design when I explored all the seat folding possibilities. I guess that's why we're not paying VW prices for our Skoda ... got to save a few Euro here and there.

No, you're not the only one! I have the seat fully up and back, and find the handbrake a little awkward to reach - even with the armrest slid back. I manage ok, but agree that the armrest does obstruct access. I'd actually like the driver's seat to go back one more notch; if it did, this would make handbrake access even more difficult.

To add a bit of protection I've fitted the rap round parcel shelf net system and using the inbuilt tension to secure a black travel blanket behind the seat and behind that I have the long net stung across the boot. Works a treat for my needs.

TP

TP as ever that is on ace solution! Love it. Where did you get that blanket from? It matches very well.

As to protection of the centre armrest remember they are ever MORE vulnerable when you fold the seats down and load the boot with stuff. Hence I have TWO Yeti rubber mats permanently in the boot and the second one goes over the folded seats to protect their backs (and epecially the leather armrests) when folded.

70imgp6267.jpg

TP as ever that is on ace solution! Love it. Where did you get that blanket from? It matches very well.

Hi Johann,

unfortunately I'm not sure :doh: my good lady bought it a couple of years back and I commandeered it from the airing cupboard :rofl:

Regards,

TP

I dont know if I am missing the point, but I am a bit peeved at the way the rear centre armrest is exposed to the contents of the boot. I ordered what I thought was going to be the solution ie a boot cover which hooks onto the seat headrests but what a flimsy pile of poo that is and it doesnt do what I wanted it to and provide a barrier between the rear seats and the centre armrest, and the boot contents.

Now without too much effort I have a grubby leather armrest in the rear seats, and am very angry about it. Any of you experts know of something I am missing as it seems ludicrous to pay all that money for nice leather seats to have part of it ruined by a very poorly designed boot section ??

Yours GRUMPILY,

:wonder:

I have found on my present car I use a fitted mattress protector put over the tops of the back seats then down the back of the seats and a long the boot floor mine is then long enough to pull over the rear bumper when loading or unloading Pete

What is it about some Yeti owners? They always want the most expensive or complicated solution to any problem they imagine with the poor old car.

£3 bought me a boot liner from Lidl and there is enough cloth to reline the whole boot twice. All that is needed is a bit of Velcro to hold a "modesty" panel in place - Simples!!

I have found on my present car I use a fitted mattress protector put over the tops of the back seats then down the back of the seats and a long the boot floor mine is then long enough to pull over the rear bumper when loading or unloading Pete

Two questions:

1. Who is this guy called Pete?

2. Why does he travel in your boot?