stage 1+/2 remap now installed on the vRS

Went to Shark performance to let them develop the stage 1 map for the 1.4TSI(180) in the Fabia vRS/Ibiza Cupra/Polo GTI. Somehow i ended up leaving there without my own car but in an A4 Estate to allow them time to not only develop the stage 1, but to also develop a stage 2 map for the car.

As it happens i dont have an uprated performance downpipe or exhaust. What we have done is modify the standard exhaust to make it a bit more free flowing (no more questions on that though, all you need to know is that it flows alot better than stock ;) ) The alternative to this was to buy a £1100 full turbo back exhaust from miltek or pay £60 to modify the standard exhaust and get nearly all the power of a full stage 2 setup. well im £1040 better of as a result and it still looks stock. Bear in mind though that the Miltek exhaust is 3" in diameter and a full system, mine is stil the OEM 2.25" diameter with all the tight kinks etc. The car is also running the stock air intake,

With that in mind i would say this is now more of a stage 1+ setup rather than a stage 2.

So this is the Dyno graph.

Both the stock and stage 1+/2 runs are with the 'performance' downpipe. So considering that, i think its fair to say that the dyno is not the generous type, and the actual stock power with the 'standard' downpipe would be slightly less again.

img004.jpg

Peak Hp gains are only around 35hp, but the midrange gains are immense.

Stock car with tweaked downpipe made 174hp @ 5500rpm. stage 2 is making that @ 3300rpm.

the midrange gains are immense though. i very rarely take any of my cars over 5000rpm , so everyday use for me would be between 3000-5000rpm and this is giving gains of 55hp and 75 lbft,. and believe me when i say its noticable. The power is starts to drop off at 5600rpm, however that is a combination of the standard intake and 'tweaked' std downpipe. no doubt there would be a few more Hp to gain, but not really enough to justify an extra £1040. Once i add the intake im expecting to gain a good 10hp+ at the top end of the rev range as the standard setup is dyno proven to be restictive in comparison to the Forge or ITG upgrades on the market.

Ive compared it to the REVO stage 2 graphs in >>>here<<< and the midrange power and torque is much stronger with this map,

30Hp/40lbft more @ 3500rpm,

30Hp/30lbft more @ 4000rpm,

20Hp/20lbft more @ 4500rpm

and 5hp more @ 5000rpm.

Then REVO takes over. They are making better power top end, but that might be the exhaust, who knows. Not bothered tbh, im very rarely above 5500rpm which is the point where revo starts to creep ahead, so up until that point mine is very nice indeed.

As mikko mentioned in the teaser thread, this car with the stage 1 map was hitting 0-62 in less than 6 seconds and 0-100 in less than 14 seconds, which as a point of reference is about what a mk2 300Hp Focus RS will do.

Am i happy with it??

God yeah, this is like a rocket ship now, i dont think it has the kick in the back my stage 2+ Octavia had but its smoother. This is what it should have been like when stock. Excluding the intake im done for power mods. Now its time to sort the chassis and brakes.

Mpg is a good 5mpg better as well :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: Will add more details once i drive it some more

Oh and the prices from Shark Performance were

stage 1 (direct from stock) = £499 including VAT

stage 2 upgrade = Additional £100 incl VAT if your running stage 1 already

stage 2 (direct from stock) = £499 Incl VAT

you guys need this in your life, believe me. Anyone in kent or plymouth areas are welcome to message me and ill take you out. Im in plymouth during the week and medway the weekends

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive but the only thing that puts me off with a remap is warranty. I definitely want to do it at some point though especially if gains are that good.

Oh and you need to change your sig now :thumbup:

stage 1 can go on any car and does not need any supporting modifications at all.

stage 2 requires a performance downpipe & sports cat or a De-cat downpipe as a minimum. normally around £500 ish if you go for a proper upgrade or £60 if you go for a butchers attempt on the OEM downpipe. I have a spare though so its all good for me.

a performance intake (not just a drop in filter) can be fitted to any car with no need for a map adjustment as the ECU has more than enough leeway and adjust-ability to adapt to the new influx of a air. they are also good for a proven 10Hp on stock cars, so very likely more on a mapped car.

Wow thats a big increase just one question, is the DSG able to handle that much more torque and still be reliable

The like sof APR etc have done mucho analysis of this, i started a thread a while back. >>>>>My link<<<<<

me personally i think its scare mongering. they said the same of the DSG 6 gearbox in the GTIs saying they were going to decompose because they were made of chocolate, as it happens they are stronger than the manual boxes

The like sof APR etc have done mucho analysis of this, i started a thread a while back. >>>>>My link<<<<<

me personally i think its scare mongering. they said the same of the DSG 6 gearbox in the GTIs saying they were going to decompose because they were made of chocolate, as it happens they are stronger than the manual boxes

an interesting read :)

the only thing that puts me off a remap is warranty :) will be keeping a look out to see how you get on :)

Impressive but the only thing that puts me off with a remap is warranty. I definitely want to do it at some point though especially if gains are that good.

Oh and you need to change your sig now :thumbup:

Same :(

That is a very impressive map, especially now the 180hp is shifted as low down as it is now! Very useful.

Went to Shark performance to let them develop the stage 1 map for the 1.4TSI(180) in the Fabia vRS/Ibiza Cupra/Polo GTI. Somehow i ended up leaving there without my own car but in an A4 Estate to allow them time to not only develop the stage 1, but to also develop a stage 2 map for the car.

*snip*

Was reading this with interest as I have my current MkI Fabia VRS revo'd (done by the dealership 5 years ago) and was thinking to myself "this all sounds good but I aint driving miles for it when the dealership can revo it and they are in the next town"

A quick google later and Shark are in the next town too...yippeee :D (providing there is only one Shark performance of course!)

it is obviously a sign that - if it ever gets built and delivered - my MKII vRS will be re-mapped too :rofl:

Nice :)

Some good gains there mate, be interesting if you can do a video to show mid-range pull etc?

Let us know how it goes as you put a few miles on it :)

The Turbo is a K03S isn't it? If so good for 240 bhp iirc from my Seat days...

Nice :)

Some good gains there mate, be interesting if you can do a video to show mid-range pull etc?

Let us know how it goes as you put a few miles on it :)

The Turbo is a K03S isn't it? If so good for 240 bhp iirc from my Seat days...

videos aren't happening mate. so much scope for the cop shop to get involved and end up in the ****.

no idea on the turbo though, speaking to shark performance they're opinion on it is that they wouldnt be happy asking much more out of it with regards to boost etc as then you will lose out on longevity etc. They do foresee additonal gains with all the other bolt ons such as the full exhaust, an intercooler and intake, but that wont ask much more out of the turbo as its just improving the flow efficiency of the other parts.

This is the reason i chose to go Shark Performance instead of REVO. I was alomost set on going REVO to be honest, but had a change in mind.

I will concede that REVO often have the highest performing cars with respect to dyno figures. Theres no doubting they have the performance, you just have to look at the cars with the fastest 1/4 mile times, they are all REVO, but thats not everything IMO. Sometime i get the idea that they might push the boundaries too far at times, just to ensure they are the top performers. But obviously that is my opinion only.

However i have driven many REVO cars (not 1.4TSI) but TFSI and 2.0TSI etc and REVO comes in strong very early but does tail off a little. Nightmare in the dry and especially in the wet for traction. The shark performance maps i had(stage 1, 2 and 3) and have tried on my last motor made identical power to the REVO cars at the RR days i went to, yet was more progressive and easier for traction which IMO, even if less powerful will not only save the clutch and tyres, it will make a faster car as your not spinning power away.

Quite alot of other tuners including jabba and PDT have commented on peoples threads and shark performance logs saying theres still a fair bit of headroom in the logs for more power in his maps if you really wanted it, but if its still making good power, why bother and instead have some more longevity and mechanical sympathy for the engine.

On ths forum alone there are at least 6 guys i know of who have had REVO but no longer wish to use them due to issues or not liking the product, they are all with shark performance and much happier. Quite alot of bluefin to shark performance converts on there as well, me included. On th GTI forum there is a guy who on his ed30 had bluefin stage 1, 2 and 2+, went to REVO stage 2+, had nothing but issues, swapped to a PDT stage 2 map, and is now running the shark performance stage 3(same as stage 2+) and is happy.

The main reason for me is in the event of an issue. Ive read so many times that guys with REVO have had an issue, and when they have approached REVO who's default answer is boost leak, or its not the map. Granted most of the time they are more than likely correct, but its not helpful for the guy with the problem. With Shark performance his customer service is excellent and really helpful, which as a consumer is what i want in the event of a fault.

You just have to search this forum for shark performance and all you will see is praise for his maps and work.

I will re-iterate though, that Im not slating REVO at all, its a great product, that really performs, they're R&D is obviously extensive and well thought out, and if you go there you know your getting a top prouct, but i like the underdog all.

Im happy to sacrifice what might only be 5-10Hp realistically, maybe even none at, but id rather be sure that in the event of an issue, that i have back up from my tuner.

Another reason for me not wishing to go REVO were the amount of guys that are having engine management lights flash up on their ibiza cupras on seatcupra.net since going stage 1 revo etc. REVO have replied saying that its people running their cars on wrong fuels, or with it on to high a setting for the fuel and weather conditions. this might be correct maybe ill get it with shark performance, who knows, but its another reason i started to move away from REVO.

Edited by janner_Sy

My mate has a Boca, I took it for a spin when he first got it, really liked it, first taste of DSG but felt great to drive. Now he has a full miltek, air intake, remap & coilovers. Took it out last week, wow, feels amazing, like a proper little hot hatch (not taking anything away from standard) and sounds great! I really like the fabia, its got massive potential both engine wise & looks wise. Think it`s while before i can join the party (damn you house deposit) but i`m enjoying reading how you guys are getting on :thumbup:

Matt

Same :(

That is a very impressive map, especially now the 180hp is shifted as low down as it is now! Very useful.

If the remap is solid and you have no problems with it, are Skoda going to detect it during servicing? I would have thought not unless they take the car out for a spin. Surely you can put it back to standard if needed.

Yes it's detectable (there's no such thing as an undetectable map) and yes it can be put back to the standard map but it will still be detectable should someone look.

Niiice power/torque gains :thumbup: .

I bet that really changes the way the car drives and gives it some serious mid-range punch. B)

Edited by Furbytom

Yes it's detectable (there's no such thing as an undetectable map) and yes it can be put back to the standard map but it will still be detectable should someone look.

Even easier when you start seeing test plans like this on our equipment

3cea71f3.jpg

Haha! I presume that one checks the software number and original checksum?

I think to be fair it's not that complicated, nearly a preset number of value blocks compared against factory specs I think.

Not actually done a full test yet, but can see if becoming more common.

With the new UDS cars there's actually a measuring block for the checksum in the list if you're using VCDS. It's there in some other ecus (MED9 I think and probably CAN MEDC17s) but wasn't documented so you had to find it manually.

If the remap is solid and you have no problems with it, are Skoda going to detect it during servicing? I would have thought not unless they take the car out for a spin. Surely you can put it back to standard if needed.

everyone worries about the teccie stuff on "is it detectable" but the mechanics drive the cars all the time,(especially if they are replacing a part) and know when they are mapped, When I had the fiat done, it was never picked up by equipment, but simply by the engineer driving it after (for example) changing a wheel bearing.... and I quote my fiat tech "so... when did you have it remapped then?!" lol.... thankfully they didn't mind, and were not about to let it affect the warranty :thumbup:

don't know how cool some skoda garages would be with it... maybe ask the cheif mechanic first?

I got stage 1+ on my Fabia aswell , been running it for a couple off days and the difference is lovely!

Would really recommend anyone with a Fabia vRS to get the software-mod...

The next thing for me is the CAI-kit from Forge and an intercooler!