2,0 CR TDI engine problem

Hi Johann,

have posted on the Superb forum to see if the chap from Malta can give details on engine codes effected as it depends on the code as to which type of pump is fitted.

With the Yeti the early production CBDB 140 (to WK45/09) and CEGA 170 (to WK22/10) have a chain driven pump; P/N 038 115 015 C

The later CFH 110 & 140 family, the CFJA 170 and the CAYC 1.6 TDI CR have a belt driven pump; P/N 03L 115 105 B

Regards,

TP

More delving about and reading posts on the Octavia forum.

Now belive that the Yeti is not effected by this issue :whew:

However this is my own interpretation from reading descriptions of the issue and looking at the diagrams. Believe the engine effected is the CFFB 140 CR and possibly the CBBB and CFGB 170 CR

Oil pump design is very different and appears from the drawings to be shaft driven and it might be this shaft that's causing the problem; item 20 in the drawing below.

Regards,

TP

According to your VIN you have either CBDB, or CFHC

Ah yes you have my VIN from the VCDS! Brilliant!!! So my engine is fine. Phew.... I can sleep easy! Thanks Martin and TP!

According to your VIN you have either CBDB, or CFHC

Nice though the Yeti is, sadly "VAG CBDB" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as a

, Ford Cosworth DFV or even Porsche 5 litre air-cooled flat 12.

"Ah, the seductive burble of the VAG CBDB echoing around the traffic lights, and the subdued but purposeful chuntering as the lights change and it heads off to Asda...the memory of it still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck."

(This is another good Spitfire clip BTW)

Edited by ejstubbs

Hi Johann,

you will have the CFHC engine; these letters will be on the black data 'plate' in the drivers door frame and on the data stickers on the boot floor and in the service book. The CBDB engine went out of production late in 2009, believe it was the original Tiguan TDI CR 140 engine from memory.

There are a number of component differences between these two engines, oil pump (obviously), oil cooler and turbo are those that instantly spring to mind.

Regards,

TP

Nice though the Yeti is, sadly "VAG CBDB" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as a

, Ford Cosworth DFV or even Porsche 5 litre air-cooled flat 12.

"Ah, the seductive burble of the VAG CBDB echoing around the traffic lights, and the subdued but purposeful chuntering as the lights change and it heads off to Asda...the memory of it still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck."

(This is another good Spitfire clip BTW)

Fantastic spitfire clip.......(**** me indeed.):rofl: