Been Pulled 3 times this year for my rear end !

This year I have been pulled over by the police for both my number plates and rear lights !

I am now feed up of this and before I get a fine I have now changed it back to "Normal"

What do you think ?

Before
Rear1.jpg

After
Rear3.jpg

In between
Rear2.jpg

I will admit that the lights are brighter without the film as I did a comparison when I removed just the tint off one of the lights
I did double up on the lights because they were dark to compensate for it though.

Sile Lights
RearSide.jpg

Reversing Lights
RearReverse.jpg

Plus its also MOT day Friday and I don't want it to fail on something like this.

Comments/Criticism Welcome

Karl emoticon-0148-yes.gif

The lights don't look too dim with the film but I think the issue is with the reflectors, they have no chance of being effective.

Agree with the lights but disagree with the plate - I still say its legal and if I get pulled again for my pressed one, I shall push hard for it being legal. Front plate? Different matter for me! :D

Personally I like the OEM look and I'm not keen on tinted lights. After following a car with "tights" on their lights at night on a road I know is pretty dangerous it was a bit daunting. I could barely see him apart from his number plate lights. His were way worse than yours though.

Stuff like that just makes the police think 'boy racer' when they actually spaeak to you they will realise that youre quite clearly not. Doubt they would actually fine you.

IMO looks better without the tints, hopefully they won't stop you for having really bright rear lights now!

Joe

Agree with the lights but disagree with the plate - I still say its legal and if I get pulled again for my pressed one, I shall push hard for it being legal. Front plate? Different matter for me! :D

The flag part isn't legal, only allowed GB or the euro flag nothing else iirc, not sure on the shaded or 3D effect lettering though.

Is that a reversing camera? :rofl:

Why does your 'normal' lights look like they been sanded down from the inside?

I prefer normal, don't like giving people excuses to give me a shunt. On saying that, I find rear tints annoying as I cant see through the car for traffic conditions. But maybe thats just me being special. :p

Don't like tinted lights or the dodgy number plate (or the de-wiper either), all are chavtastic mods you'd expect on Barryboy Corsas not to mention being dangerous.

de-wiper = dangerous/chavtastic? i fail to see how on either of these points?

if your wanting the tints still i would advise Lamin-X i passed my MOT

you've seen mine anyway in the flesh and don't look as bad as the picture makes out below

photo3-1.jpg

photo6.jpg

from a distance but poor quality

photo-1.jpg

if your wanting the tints still i would advise Lamin-X i passed my MOT

you've seen mine anyway in the flesh and don't look as bad as the picture makes out below

photo3-1.jpg

photo6.jpg

from a distance but poor quality

photo-1.jpg

what tints have you got on the windows, looks nice mate. after some but dont know what to get

Way better without the tints. And safer as well. As said, while the light output didn't look too bad, it's the reflector that's the main issue from a legal/MoT point of view.

As for the plate, well yes - the flag section isn't legal, but it might be the domed carbon lettering that's got their attention. Having that means the plate doesn't meet the British Standard required for reflectivity. As the letters stand proud of the plate surface.

Looks much better with standard lights.

I never really liked my tinted rear lights but couldn't be bothered to change them until it failed the MOT (although it passed the year before) and I think it looks much better.

Why is the numberplate so low down too ? Doesn't look rite IMO

Why is the numberplate so low down too ? Doesn't look rite IMO

So there's room for what is presumably a reversing camera I think...