Richard's 09 mkI VRS SE. (and others)

BossFox

Recently returned from Jabbasport. Now rather quicker than when it went.

Bit grubby as the weather is not good. Hope to get some good shots later on...

img0395on.jpg

corner1g.jpg

side1x.jpg

wheel1z.jpg

img0393pfi.jpg

insie1.jpg

The idea was to keep it looking as standard as possible, but make it fast.

It's currently making just under 270 bhp and about 430 ft/lb of torque.

But once it's got more miles on and is loosened up more it'll be back for a tweak...

Currently only got 20k on the clock.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Some proper tyres too!

I felt it needed tyres like that, otherwise I'd not be able to open it up until I was in 3rd or 4th gear.

Once it's warmed up it goes like a rocket in 2nd gear with these on. :yes: And the cornering grip is amazing.

Any chance of a brief spec list? What turbo, etc, etc....

Full Stage 3 Jabbasport package including watercooled Garret turbo, front mount intercooler etc...

Devils Own progressive water/meth injection,

Polished head and a few hardened engine components,

Polybushes all round,

KW Coilover V3 suspension,

Front and back anti-roll bars,

VRS Spiders with Skoda badges and Toyo T888 tyres,

Brembo brake kit,

Single Mass Flywheel and sintered clutch plate to handle the torque,

Quaife limited slip differential,

Lots of little odds and ends.

For turbo spec I'd suggest speaking to Jabbasport as they built it, but I believe a GT25 is used.

When I asked them what they could do to a Fabia VRS without reliability issues, this was the suggested spec they came back with.

Nitrous was an option, but I'm not sure it's needed on the car.

The funny thing is, when I drive sensibly I'm still getting 60mpg. :giggle:

That is amazing!! :D

Would you like to sell it?!

:rofl:

Not only would that probably be financial suicide, I specifically did this because I don't want a new mkII Fabia VRS. (which would have been cheaper)

So I can't replace this with another 2 year old (yes, OK it was actually built 4 years ago!) mkI Fabia...

PS. I think you're joking anyway. ;)

The funny thing is, when I drive sensibly I'm still getting 60mpg. :giggle:

Thats the best bit!

What a beast, I really love the whole sleeper idea, which was also one of my main reasons for buying my fabia. Glad your pleased with it, I bet it really catches some people out :rofl: Loving the V3`s running standard ride hight too! lol

Matt

+1 on having it all done in one go, Its spec is very impressive, Is it a daily drive?

It is at the moment to get used to it, but I've got a mkII Fabia Greenline II (75bhp) for work.

The fun and the 60mpg is making the other Fabia look like a spare part right now though. :D

Hang on... I Thought All SE's were 07 plates?

I Love the stealth factor, its like a VRS SE+ !

They were all built in 2007 and most were registered as 07 plates. I've also seen one or two 57 plates.

But this one was a display vehicle in a dealership and so never got registered.

When they finally decided to sell, it was March 2009. So it was registered then, on an 09 reg. :D

It may well be the last (or one of the last) mkI Fabia VRS ever registered as I've not seen any other 09 plates?

Nice to see positive comments by the way. B)

Wasn't sure about posting at first as I didn't do the work myself.

Nice to see positive comments by the way. B)

Wasn't sure about posting at first as I didn't do the work myself.

Theres a few on here who moan about that, but just because you enjoy cars doesnt mean you have to be able to work on them, i cant do much, I get the arse too quick when something dont go right, but i`m still a petrol head lol

Matt

Hi, I saw what I thought was your car in various states of builds whilst to'ing and fro'ing in the last couple of months. Must say it looked very impressive and stealthy and now know how it was on an 09 plate. (looks a lot better with the front end on too) :thumbup:

As much as I love to see well modded cars ( with obvious mods) I still prefer the stealth/sleeper look, nothing can beat the look on peoples faces when they realise just how quick you really are :rofl:

:thumbup: Looks really good in blue, trying to convince the mrs to swap her ibiza gti for a fabia vrs, not having much luck at the minute though :dull: