Fabia rear stut bars

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the original thread:- Original thread

Pics are on there - I can leave them bare or paint them matt black. They are only £55 in comparison to £140 or so for a forge one!

I've been driving mine HARD on twisty scottish B roads and still it hasnt let go on the rear! :)

As at 3 weeks ago, it was £115.74 all in, delivered to a UK door when ordering directly from Forge.

Still shows that Mr Polo6n1600i is offering a signficant saving over the Forge product...

I'm in agreement with you on the saving, and I'm all for the locally engineered solution, If i didn't already have the forge item I'd be having one of these for sure.

IMO the overstating of "competitor" and forum sponsor pricing to demonstrate a bigger saving isn't really cricket though.

The £140 price was what they use to be - I haven't checked it for ages!! A mistake on my behalf. There one is alloy - mine is steel. They do a similar job from different ends if the same scale. I just didnt want to pay for the forge one

• 3 weeks later...

Just fitted and taken for a drive..

Current suspension spec is now Eibach springs, Seat front brace and this rear brace.

This brace has made a noticeable difference. The rear end is more willing to corner without letting go (tested on 3 different sized roundabouts in today's soggy weather). Around normal corners the car is more happy to go where you point it.

Overall, a much better buy than the Seat brace...

I have bought in enough metal to make 3 more bars - 1 is bought and paid for - meaning I have 2 more left without homes.

If you could put one aside for payday (end of the month)...

...I'll have one off you!