Eurocarparts.com

So, i've just ordered my brake pads and discs from eurocarparts.com, cost me £65.82 with next day delivery which i thought was pretty good!

Imagine my surprise to check my bank account and notice that they didn't take £65.82.... instead they took £92.34... TWICE!!!!

Then when i ring them i get "sorry, our systems are down at the moment".

Anyone work for them that can give some insight, i thought this was a big and well recommended company?!? Whatever you do - Don't order from them today!!!!! :no:

:S :S :S

Keep ringing them untill they sort it, they have taken more of a value than agreed, this is theft.

also if this has taken you over drawn and you occur bank charges, get them to pay them back aswell as this is there fault. B)

Feck - I've just ordered some discs and pads too, I will keep a close eye on what they remove from my account too!

Did you use the discount code they are offering at the moment? I just saved £20 for spending over £100 which was nice.

Feck - I've just ordered some discs and pads too, I will keep a close eye on what they remove from my account too!

Did you use the discount code they are offering at the moment? I just saved £20 for spending over £100 which was nice.

Yeh, i used the 30% code that was posted on here yesterday.

I've managed to get through to a lad who really didn't know anything. Apparently his team leader 'just' told him some orders have glitched and have done this. He basically has no idea what is going to happen, no idea when he will call me back and no clue when I'll get my money back or even if I'll still get my discs & pads tomorrow.

For the first time using this company, its not exactly great when I'm getting charged 3 times what i should be. He can't even guarantee that I'm not going to also get charged the £62 they should have cost me on top of the £180 I've already paid....

Bank is next to useless in this situation too.

Oh deary me :S

I've not had good experiences with them in the past either, I now refuse to go near them...IMO, Euro Car Parts are bloody useless.

I thought I'd give them another try.

Issues I have with them are every order I place they say my payment is declined. I call them and they say address does not match. I say it does etc. Also once received brake pads where the box was opened and they even had copper grease on the back. Not sure this aggro is worth it for saving £10/£20 on something compared with getting it elsewhere.

Just checked and my account says it has the transaction pending twice. Hopefully only one transaction will go through?

Guest Dilip

Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind me joining in here, As I represent ECP Customer Service, We're really sorry that some of you may of been mischarged with your certain orders, This was due to an upgrade in our payment system which caused a bug in orders with discount codes, placed this morning. WE have reverted back to our normal payment system so any orders placed after aprox 2pm are unaffected...

Please rest assured that only the CORRECT amount will be debited from your payment. We are looking into a small amount of orders which have been double charged and these will have the correct amount refunded immediatly. If yours is one of those, could you kindly drop us an email on [email protected] to ensure we have found your order, and are correcting this.

SimonBT - I believe you have just spoken to a member of our Customer Service team who has explained the above and i can assure you we will try our hardest to ensure your parts are dispatched today.

We are the UKs largest online parts retailer and are keen to always improve our customer service, and while we have thousands of happy customers every week, it's not ideal for a bug such as this, we will have any affected orders and payments sorted immediatley.

Thanks for your time and feedback

Dilip

ECP Customer Service Team

Thanks Dilip for your input. Should I contact the email you mention if my card issuer states the transaction is both pending and approved twice?

Guest Dilip

Thanks Dilip for your input. Should I contact the email you mention if my card issuer states the transaction is both pending and approved twice?

Hi,

If one is pending, and one approved it sounds like you may of had it declined the first time, and therefore not been affected by the above.

If you would like to send the order details to the above email, we'll look into it however.

Dilip

Edited by Dilip

I've never had an issue with ECP, but that said, I usually pop into the store and buy what I need. I thought I would give the delivery a go to save me a 50 mile round trip to get there. Hopefully everything will be OK.

Hi Guys,

I hope you don't mind me joining in here, As I represent ECP Customer Service, We're really sorry that some of you may of been mischarged with your certain orders, This was due to an upgrade in our payment system which caused a bug in orders with discount codes, placed this morning. WE have reverted back to our normal payment system so any orders placed after aprox 2pm are unaffected...

Please rest assured that only the CORRECT amount will be debited from your payment. We are looking into a small amount of orders which have been double charged and these will have the correct amount refunded immediatly. If yours is one of those, could you kindly drop us an email on [email protected] to ensure we have found your order, and are correcting this.

SimonBT - I believe you have just spoken to a member of our Customer Service team who has explained the above and i can assure you we will try our hardest to ensure your parts are dispatched today.

We are the UKs largest online parts retailer and are keen to always improve our customer service, and while we have thousands of happy customers every week, it's not ideal for a bug such as this, we will have any affected orders and payments sorted immediatley.

Thanks for your time and feedback

Dilip

ECP Customer Service Team

Thanks Dilip, i genuinely appreciate your response here - You'll have to excuse my frustration with this but its kinda a big mess up for my first time dealing with the company - it was just lucky that i had extra funds in my account as a buffer for this as someone could have quite easily been left with nothing. Unfortunately with this sort of thing with a company putting through a request to the bank it actually ties the funds up, so my account is £120 lighter than it should be at the moment.

On a plus point, thanks for showing your interest on these forums and explaining the issue - regardless of the problems I've suffered, that shows you have a certain type of customer service I think a lot of companies are lacking! :thumbup:

Just make sure i get my discs & pads tomorrow! - the scary brakes are doing my head in! :p

I've never had a problem with them. ordering online is so handy, as i work 9-5.30 monday to Friday and spend the weekend with my girlfriend (long distance) So I never get a chance to just pop in.

Saved 20 odd quid on my service parts on Friday, thanks to a 30% off discount and free delivery. win win

Guest Dilip

Thanks Dilip, i genuinely appreciate your response here - You'll have to excuse my frustration with this but its kinda a big mess up for my first time dealing with the company - it was just lucky that i had extra funds in my account as a buffer for this as someone could have quite easily been left with nothing. Unfortunately with this sort of thing with a company putting through a request to the bank it actually ties the funds up, so my account is £120 lighter than it should be at the moment.

On a plus point, thanks for showing your interest on these forums and explaining the issue - regardless of the problems I've suffered, that shows you have a certain type of customer service I think a lot of companies are lacking! :thumbup:

Just make sure i get my discs & pads tomorrow! - the scary brakes are doing my head in! :p

Hi Simon, and team

Thanks for the kind words, and your frustration is understood. Although this was your first online order, I hope it wont be the last. We do process aprox 4,000 orders a week and we try to resolve any issues no matter how big or small.

Regarding your order, I thought i'd drop you a note to say that our courier has them at their local depot this morning, Although they are not 'out for delivery' yet all should be well and you should have them by this evening. :)

Kind Regards

Dilip V

guys can someone link me to some good disks on eurocarparts? i just bought some ebc pads and want new disks and scene as its 30% off here i may aswell treat the car to some. nothing too flashy just something that will play nice with the pads and not break the bank, maybe around £40-£60?

front and rear please

Are you running 312's? If you are then find a registration number of a mk1 Octy vRS and stick the registration number in the search box, it will link you to the correct discs and pads then.

Also - look at the description, it tells you what size the disc is on there to make sure you have the right ones.

Are you running 312's? If you are then find a registration number of a mk1 Octy vRS and stick the registration number in the search box, it will link you to the correct discs and pads then.

Also - look at the description, it tells you what size the disc is on there to make sure you have the right ones.

no just running standard setup mate, i know about the sizes, but certain ones must be better than others no?