High powered 1.9 TDI's... What panel filter?

So my Pipercross filter has started to crumble and let **** through after less than 5,000 miles resulting in 2 chipped compressor wheels...

What filters are you successfully running on a high powdered 1.9 that gets used and abused?

So my Pipercross filter has started to crumble and let **** through after less than 5,000 miles resulting in 2 chipped compressor wheels...

What filters are you successfully running on a high powdered 1.9 that gets used and abused?

Sorry to read this. At least you got to the bottom of it. Have you tried complaining to Pipercross?

J.

Guest BigJase88

Had a green one

Went rusty and was such a poor fit it got sucked in and dropped in the airbox

Hmm

I've got a Green one. Not a powerful car (standard) - but the fit is not good so wouldn't want it on something that's sucking harder.

Not a single touch of rust after about 5 years of having it though, as long as it's oiled right and cleaned often it's not an issue (and yes my MAF is fine and not toasted from excess oil).

Theres nothing wrong with the standard filter, even running 240+ hp. There was a link to a report on this forum somewhere which measured a pressure drop on 1 Pa across the filter which is nothing (atmospheric pressure is 1 x 10^5 Pa for reference!

Theres nothing wrong with the standard filter, even running 240+ hp. There was a link to a report on this forum somewhere which measured a pressure drop on 1 Pa across the filter which is nothing (atmospheric pressure is 1 x 10^5 Pa for reference!

Just don't wait 40K to change it like... ;)

Up until now I'd not heard of anyone complaining about Green ones rusting, although I may have read about the poor fit.

So I'd always go for a K&N one, every time.

Simples

Edited by Jim H

iv had the green filter and pipercross and the standard....and to be honest, they all seem the same to me.

granted i have done 60k in a year so i have changed the filters alot so none of them were very old but they got good use...

PERFORMANCE WISE.....i see little difference..... change your paper standard one every 10k if you want at a pricey £4 :rofl: