Remap for mk2 vrs

Yes its worth it. A reputable and good remap will not stress the components to far, as its bad for their business. Who would buy their maps if engines blew up. The warranty will only be effected on'parts that the remap could effect. So suspension brkes nd interior warranty would remain intact. There are plenty of dealers out there who actually sell rmaps.

Go to a reputable tuner, me personally I am with shark performance and they are good. Id also recomend apr nd p-torque. Petsonnalky wouldn't touch revo as their default answer in the event of an issue is its not the map causing an issue its the car, not really what you want imo I also get the idea that they push their cars to much just ti ensure they have the highest figures, because people buy maps based off figures and not longevity and drivability

Shark performance

Apr

P-torque

I. That order imo. Review don't get a look in for me

Went to my local revo dealer to talk about a remap and the warranty, was told the ecu had to be removed to unlock before the remap could be done, however he said new bolts would be replaced, but putting the ecu back together was very hard and it is possible could be seen it had been taken apart and to think very serious about having it done. He also said to wait for the first service had been done incase of any software updates that might be put on the car.

Yeah the ecu does have ti be removed. Just so they can byoass the encryption. I had mine remapped at 800miles. But I bought this with the plan of remapping straight away as I thought the car felt gutless in standard form

Edited by janner_Sy

You can get a revo remap done at rainsworth skoda dealership as they have the trAining and equipment and because it's done at a skoda dealership and by skoda mechanics they will stamp your log book as the workall approved and done by skoda therefor being completely under warranty :D

You can get a revo remap done at rainsworth skoda dealership as they have the trAining and equipment and because it's done at a skoda dealership and by skoda mechanics they will stamp your log book as the workall approved and done by skoda therefor being completely under warranty :D

Do they really do the revo remap at rainsworth dealership??

Yeah they do although im pretty sure rainworth have been abit infamous for their work in the past. Cant remember what but there was something alot if guys weren't happy about a while ago

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk

Yes Rainworth Skoda are a long established Revo dealer, I have only heard very good reports from all of our customers who have used them, they are one of the most successfull Skoda dealers in the UK and have a very good reputation for customer service, Johnathan Gadsby is the service manager there, Johnathan looks after the software sales and customer support and can be contacted on 01623 623400.

Janner_Sy - As a company we take all technical calls very seriously and I believe we have some of the most knowledgeable and experienced technical support staff in the industry, our software is sold through main dealers not only Skoda but VW and SEAT all over the world. Infact in the last 12 months some of the UK's most popular tuning centres including Awesome GTI, Regal Autosport Wallace performance etc have switched from other tuning providers to REVO due to our reputation for customer/dealer support and of course awesome software. It is unlikely for a hardware fault with a vehicle to be caused by performance engine software.

Hi

i am considering getting the revo remap for my mk2 vrs, does anybody think it is worth the risk with the warranty issues??

thanks james

Personally I think the risk is worth it (my last seven cars have been remapped) as I see a remap as simply making the most of the hardware and not having to be written to take into consideration things such as low fuel quality and the possibility of poor servicing etc. However, after trying out the service and products from Shark Performance, I certainly wouldn't seriously consider revo any more (my last four maps were revo software). To me, decent stage 1 software just makes the car so much better in terms of drivability. B)

Yes Rainworth Skoda are a long established Revo dealer, I have only heard very good reports from all of our customers who have used them, they are one of the most successfull Skoda dealers in the UK and have a very good reputation for customer service, Johnathan Gadsby is the service manager there, Johnathan looks after the software sales and customer support and can be contacted on 01623 623400.

Janner_Sy - As a company we take all technical calls very seriously and I believe we have some of the most knowledgeable and experienced technical support staff in the industry, our software is sold through main dealers not only Skoda but VW and SEAT all over the world. Infact in the last 12 months some of the UK's most popular tuning centres including Awesome GTI, Regal Autosport Wallace performance etc have switched from other tuning providers to REVO due to our reputation for customer/dealer support and of course awesome software. It is unlikely for a hardware fault with a vehicle to be caused by performance engine software.

As said can't remember what the rainwort issue was, never paid much attention as im the other end of the country, biut there was some thing that went on back along.

Reference your maps, as I've said before, im not knocking your maps, they are good and nearly always the top performers, but 4 friends have had issues on their tfsi's and weren't really helped as much as they would have liked. All of which are now running new software as a result of the lack of help.

It is unlikely for a hardware fault with a vehicle to be caused by performance engine software.

and this was their problem. When they highlighted the faults that's the answer they got. 'Its not the software, its the car. Whilst that might be the truth in some cases, its hardly helpful when you are running an issue. And you can see I said the same thing in post#2

As said not knocking the software or R&D as its top notch znd they perform well, but for me I chose elsewhere on the customer satisfaction and after sales reasons.

I just like to inform people of the other options on the market as there other equally good options which could save them money, which are not as popular as in all fairness revo are the predominent uk tuner and have the manoooly of the vag forums so majority of guys will be running your map.

And of course this is only'my opinion.

Edited by janner_Sy

If you remap your car just have the facility to take the map off once you take it in for a service or repair, that way you can retain your full warranty and have a remapped car.

Best of both worlds

The flash count on the ECU will be different and the dealer will be able to tell

Agree Paul!! REVO Software really has been working well for us and just cannot fault you guys! The software on the 1.4TSI engines really does go well!! Big shout to you guys! :)

Mike

If you remap your car just have the facility to take the map off once you take it in for a service or repair, that way you can retain your full warranty and have a remapped car.

Best of both worlds

How do you plan to do that. Currently no hand sets are available on the market to facilitate this, so short of having the tuners remapping tools, your stuck with the map. Some maps like revo and apr allow you to switch back to version of their map that's equivalent in performance to the stock map, but its still not the oem stock map when you do this

Edited by janner_Sy

The flash count on the ECU will be different and the dealer will be able to tell

Depending what you go in for would they really check that? I had my radio code checked by another dealer on VCDS I would "claim" they did it then!

How do you plan to do that. Currently no hand sets are available on the market to facilitate this, so short of having the tuners remapping tools, your stuck with the map. Some maps like revo and apr allow you to switch back to version of their map that's equivalent in performance to the stock map, but its still not the oem stock map when you do this

Then your still doing it wrong.

The ones I use solved this a long time ago (pretty sure most off the tuners have).

You know you can flash ALL info, right ;-)?

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

What hand set. All the uk cars hve encrypted so have to be opened. Maybe yours wasn't encrypted

Mine was also encrypted.

Ofc it‘s opened, but you still can‘t see on the flashcounter that it has been flashed.

The tuningcompany I got also saved my original-file, so when it‘s time for service we can just switch maps :-).

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

if i was to try somewhere like shark performance, tho they may be better i wouldnt be covered under warranty, whereas if i was to try it at rainsworth i would be

i am assuming then that if rainsowrth are registered with revo and they are a certified skoda dealer the map covered under warranty would be the same if i went to my local skoda dealer.