My vRS has a drink problem

I've gone through 4.5L of a 5L container of oil now.

I understand the sump is only something like 3L so surely it's had an entire oil change by now...

I topped up again today and oil level is now smack bang in the middle of the dipstick.

By the way I picked up the car with 3236 on the clock. There's 4900 on her now, so I don't know what's happened in that first 3K.

Still love the car though. Have been planning my next car to be a 2.0TSI Octavia vRS, but if I can prove that I can live with the Fabia for a while, then she's staying. (I've had 3 Octavia's before now:)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a RX8 and it drunk a litre of oil every 1200 miles ish so what your using is loads.

I would suggest a trip to the dealer as I believe thats excessive especially as you have a few miles on the clock so oil usage should go down some.

All forums regarding the vrs tsi have similar issues. Actually all brands wearing the same engine report same issues :( does it really stop drinking after 10.000 miles - I mean has it been confirmed or is there another way to solve the issue?

Meh, I'm not too worried - only when I run out of oil.

I had a PD130 in the past that drank oil like a fish until 30-40K ish. After that it never needed a drop.

God I hope mine doesnt, I never check mine!

My toyota goes from service to service without using a drop of oil or coolant

mines upto 1400 miles and i have only used about 250ml of oil so far

when oil is low does it flash up on you dash display or do you just have to keep checking the old fashioned way?

flash up on you dash display when oil is low.

well mine drank 'only' 2 liters in 10k (alot less than some!) and has been serviced, and is now nearly 12k, and hasn't drunk any more since...

edit: so a total of 2 liters in 12k...

Edited by sharkrider

Mine's gone through 1.5lts in 3000 miles, so not bad compared to most lol!

I find the easiest way to remember is to check it is to do it every time I fuel her up!

I suspect my car was babied for the first 3K of its life as an 84 year old gentleman owned it.

Though, I also hear that this gentleman and his son are absolute fanatics of cars, so they probably know how to drive it properly.

Me, I wait for it to warm up and anything goes - I have got it up to the red line on more than a few occasions (when warmed up obviously)

My Fabia vRS is currently in the possession of my father, through choice not circumstance, he dilly dally's about and the oil consumption seems to have levelled out around 6.5k.

I drove it at the weekend, I miss the power and noise!!!

Was on the phone to the dealer the other day and the so called acceptable limits are 1ltr per 600miles. Anymore than that then they would ask that I bring the car in. Ive used 3.5ltr in 4800 miles so far.

I was talking to the master tech at my local dealer last month. There was a new vRS have a replacement engine fitted after only 1500 miles or so as it used up all its oil, Its the 3rd one to come back to that garage for a new engine.

He said theres big problems with the 1.4tsi and told me and my dad to avoid that engine at all costs.

Just a little info for you guys.

Stephen